Chapter ¹⁵ - The Darkness Spreads

" Noor are you okay?" Abhimaan's voice laced with concern as he held his lover's face in between his palms

" Home?" She asked again, eyes brimming with tears.

Abhimaan held her close, his hand gently carresing her back and the other hand holding her palm as he escorted them

" Okay come let's leave."

Nandini looked back at the humongous Mahal entrance one last time as their car drove away from the palace.

Abhimaan observed Nandini's demeanor which felt very tense, her face swollen as tears streamed down from her eyes. Her fists clutching her lehenga skirt making her knuckles turn white.

The car stopped in front of an unfamiliar building but Nandini couldn't careless. Abhimaan quickly got down and opened the door for nandini.

" Noor come get up. Don't cry." He softly spoke and wiped her tears with his fingers.

" Where are we?"

" At my house. Okay with you na? I did not want to leave you alone."

" Thanks." She whispered.

" It's okay Jaan. Come, get up do you want to spend the whole night sitting in the car?"

She got down from the car and held Abhimaan's hand.

Abhimaan escorted her to his apartment and as they reached he sat her down.

" Sit. I'll get you a glass of water."

" No! Do.. don't leave me Abhi."

" Shh, Noor this is my house no one will hurt your here."

She kept quiet and hugged him, burying her head in his chest and sobbing.

" Noor why are you so upset can you tell me?"

" Tch if you don't tell me then how will I help me?"

" Abhi?"

" Yes Noor."

" One day if I ever bring trouble for you will you leave me?"

" What trouble will you create for me huh? I'm afraid I'll put you in danger, my Jaan." Abhimaan said as he hugged her tight.

" Abhi mujhe apko kuch batana hain."

( Abhi I need to tell you something.)

" Hmm bolo."

" I.. th.."

" Shh take your time, we'll do one thing. You go take a bath and get fresh after that we will sit down and talk okay?"

" Thank you." She whispered.

He helped her get up and pressed a kiss on her temple.

" Jao I'll wait for you." After she left he  picked out his sister's nightdress for her, as his siblings often had sleepovers at his place.