Our Life

It's the next weekend. Throughout the entire week, Jure and I have been texting and calling, not being able to spend a single minute apart anymore.

He's officially mine now, and I'm over the moon. 

The doorbell rings and I hurry myself to open the door. 

"Hey," Jure greets me with a hug. Seeing him after spending some time apart never gets old.

"Hey, come in," he's been here before, of course, even though that wasn't under ideal circumstances. So there's no need to show him around.

We sit down on the couch and chat about our week a little bit. Right as we're about to go out for a walk around the block and to get some ice cream, the doorbell rings.

I can't see who it is from the living room window, so I just shrug and go to open up the door. Probably one of my parents' friends, who I will be able to send away quickly because they're not home anyway. To my surprise, it's someone I thought and hoped I'd never see again.

"Vic? What are you doing here?" I ask, stepping back. My defence mode is immediately activated. After what he pulled last time, I'm not taking any chances. Especially with Jure here too.

Jure immediately comes to hurry towards us when he hears it's Vic. He's steps between us.

"Leave her alone," he sternly says.

"Remember how this ended for you last time? Step the fuck back man," Vic points to him. Before Jure can do anything, I step in-between them.

"It's okay," I tell Jure, who steps back a little but not too much. I love how protective he is. Then I turn to Vic.

"You need to leave,"

"Calm down, I'm not here to hurt you-" he begins, but I cut him off.

"You don't tell me to calm down, Vic. In fact, you can't tell me to do anything. You can't even be here, I have a restraining order against you," I cross my arms and raise my eyebrows at him.

"Well, it's not like I'm a fucking vampire. I can come in whether you want to or not," he states, slowly stepping over the doorstep. Jure is about to step up again, but I put my hand on his chest to keep him back. I should be the one to do this. I should be the one to finally tell him to get lost.

"Don't you dare come closer. I have nothing to say to you," I'm getting a little afraid, but my anger is worse. I won't let my fear show anyways. That will only give him power.

"You fucking bitch, you can't expect me to go to jail and then not come back to have a little chat. Now you're going to listen to me-"

"No! You're going to listen to me you piece of shit! You've ruined my life enough times and I'm not letting that happen again. I am happy without you, and whatever I've done or said in the past means nothing now. You mean nothing to me. You disgust me. And you're going to get your pathetic ass out of here before I call the police," I wave my phone in the air.

I basically spit the words to him, heaving and panting from all the anger after. His mouth hangs open a little and he hasn't come any closer to me. He's not used to me standing up for myself, and probably knows he'll be in trouble if I do actually call the police.

He eventually shakes his head in disbelief and chuckles a little bit.

"Man, you are one psycho bitch. I can't believe I ever fell for you," I don't let his words get to me. Because I know I'll never accept to be treated like this again.

"Well someone else has. And he's surely a lot better than you ever were for me. Now get. out. of. my. house," I say, emphasising every single word.

"Fine," he throws up his hands and steps out. As soon as he's out the door, I smash it shut behind him. I stand with my back towards the door, still panting. I can't believe I actually did that.