𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟒

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

At Malik's

Meerub spent the whole day in anxiety, constantly wondering why her father forbade her from going out and where her brother could be. It's like a whirlwind of thoughts and emotions swirling inside her. I can imagine her pacing back and forth, biting her nails, and feeling a knot of worry in her stomach. Every passing minute must have felt like an eternity as she desperately tried to piece together the puzzle. The unknown can be so nerve-wracking.

Meerub heard horn she saw from her balcony that her father is back Meerub decided to talk her father again not about why he forbade to go but where is her brother and what has happened she asked to the who household but nobody gave her proper reply.

Yes, Malik Mukhtar warned everyone not to tell anything to Meerub,

When he entered in hall Meerub spoke up,

"Baba...,"she whispered but due to no one was present there expect they both though, it was capable of hearing.

"Mere kamre me aao baat karte hai ,tumse nahi chupa sakta main,"
Malik Mukhtar said not in gentle tone but not in harsh tone also, his exhaustion and worry was unknown for Meerub.

Meerub hummed in reply Malik Mukhtar made his way to his room while Meerub thought of taking dinner to his room as he left his home early morning and then arrived now late night and he won't have his dinner outside as he is always have dinner with Meerub and Zubair,even Meerub didn't had anything but then she made her way towards her father's room with a plate full of meals.

She knocked his door,he approved as she entered,

"Baba,kuch khaa lijiye aapne subhe se kuch--",

"Woh plate side mein rakho mujhe tumse zaruri baat karni hai", he cut her off in middle.

She obey him and keeps the plate on side table,

"Baitho"

"Hmm"

"Police ne.... Zubair ko arrest karliya, aaj subhe," he said taking deep breath.

"Kya,"she said in disbelieve.

As soon as those words reach her head her,She felt a mix of shock, worry, and disbelief. Her emotions range from confusion to sadness, and a lots of questions came in her mind, she was still trying to process the news.

"Haa Aaj subhe hi police use leke gayi"

"Aur aap mujhe abh bata rahe hai baba, jab main subhe se itna puch Rahi thi kyu nahi bataya mujhe," tears were welled up in her eyes.

"Mujhe tumhe bata ne se pehle Janna tha ki sachme Zubair me kuch kiya hai yaa Murtasim khan ne Jaan buj kar kiya, lekin jab main police station Gaya tabh unhone death body ki dikhai aur uske report mein Zubair ke fingerprints bhi mile."

"Baba Bhai Aisa kaise...,"her voice was barely audible.

"Mujhe bhi yahi nahi samjh aaraha hai Zubair aisa toh nahi hai ki kisi ki Jaan le, usne pehele bhi zameen'o ki wajah se jhagde kiye hai par kisi ki Jaan nahi le sakta woh."

"Aap kisi lawyer se baat kare na baba Bhai innocent hai"

"Bohot koshish ki lekin koi tayar nahi hai uska case lene ke liye,aur uske taraf se koi ladne ke liye nahi hoga toh uski saza maut hogi," A year drop from his eyes.

Meerub eyes wide open when she heard about death punishment for her brother already she lost her mother at tender age now she cannot afford loosing her brother or father, she put her hand on mouth to control her sobs.

"Kuch toh rasta hoga na baba Bhai ko riha karane ka," her tears were unable to control.

"Haa main puri koshish karunga use chhudane ki,"
"Apne marte dam Tak tum dono ko kuch nahi hone dunga," he said and place his and on Meerub's head and glance at Zubair's photo.

                   ●●●●●●●●●●●●

Few days passed like this Malik Mukhtar used to left home early morning and arrive home late at night but everybody's answer was same that nobody is ready to take Malik Zubair's case, Meerub used to stay awake till late at night, in hope that her father would bring some positive news regarding her brother's case, everyday they were getting more disappointed but still they had hope that Zubair will be proved innocent and faith that he hadn't taken somebody's life he wasn't that heartless person.

Malik and Meerub's condition while he was trying hard to get his son bail. They was going through a difficult and challenging time. Him being deeply concerned about his son's situation and the possibility of him being held in custody. Every day, he would tirelessly work towards finding a way to secure his son's release.

Their determination was evident in their actions. They would spend countless hours researching legal options, consulting with lawyers, and gathering any evidence that could support Zubair's case. Malik Mukhtar's mind was consumed with thoughts of his son's well-being, constantly seeking ways to navigate the complex legal system and ensure a favorable outcome.

During this period, Meerub's emotions were running high. She experienced a mix of anxiety, fear, and hope,they never giving up or losing hope.

But in those few days Meerub noticed that her father used to sleep on floor without fan he used to have less and very simple meal in day it was EIGHTH DAY and today she finally decided to ask her father that why he is doing this.

She standing one his room's door and saw him, he was preparing to  sleep not no bed but on floor,

"Baba,"

"Meerub,mere bachhe tum soyi nahi," he said while settling pillow

"Nahi," when she replied he looked at her

"Kya hua, beta idhar aao"

"Ek sawal puchu baba aapse," she asked while going near to him.

"Pucho," he said with weak smile and placed in hand on her head.

"Aap zameen or kyu sote hai woh bhi Bina fan ke"

He slowly removed hand from her and,

"Bataiye na,"she held his wrist.

"Zubair bhi toh waha bagair Bina pankhe aur bistar ke bagair rehta hai."

His answer was enough to fill tears in her eyes, he sat on bed edge first time Meerub saw tears in her father's eye, she didn't have words to console her father.

                 ●●●●●●●●●●●●

As soon as the sun rose the next day, a new hope awakened in Malik's mansion.

Today Meerub insisted her father to have something in breakfast as his  health has been affected by all this running and rushing.
They both were sitting on dinning table while the sound of his phone ringing started echoing in the mansion.

And it was from Asher Malik's trusted man.
He answered the phone hoping that he might have found a way to get his son released from jail, but when he heard the conversation, disappointment washed over his face.

"Aaraha hu," he replied after having breakfast he left.

Heyloo everybody i know you might find this chapters confusing but I promise you doubts will be cleared in next few chapters.

I know I didn't show anything about khans but in next chapter pakka there will be murtasim

Also sorry if I bored you have some patience story is yet to unfold till then keep reading 'falling for enemy'

Do follow girlwithflawsx

Treasure.💕