Chapter 8

(Third person P.O.V.)

It had been a few days since Steve had fully recovered, and Natasha had called the team down to the hospital. Will had not yet awoken. A doctor approached the group of heroes cautiously.

"After further research we have discovered that the young lady in there needs another blood transfusion in order to survive because the first one didn't work. And a piece of shrapnel is working its way to her heart. But-" the doctor stated.

"But what" Tony snapped.

"But she needs a blood transfusion from a relative" the doctor finished.

"One problem, doc, she doesn't have any family" Clint stated.

"Upon further testing we have found out that she has a father" the doctor continued.

"Really. Who is he?" asked Bruce. They'd all wanted to know since they rescued Will.

"Her father is Captain Rogers" stated the doctor.

"What" exclaimed the group. Steve just looked shocked.

"I called it" Tony announced "did I not say that they were related".

"Now that we have that resolved, what about the shrapnel" Clint asked.

"I think I can help with that" Tony stated.

(Will's P.O.V.)

I awoke to the sound of buzzing and beeping. I sat up and immediately regretted the action, feeling dizzy. My entire torso was wrapped in bandages. I looked over to the side of the bed. In the chair by the bed side sat Steve, who was asleep.

"Steve" I whispered. His eyes snapped open.

"You're awake" He exclaimed.

"How long have I been out?" I inquired softly.

"A while now" he replied.

"What happened? Why does my chest hurt?" I asked.

"Let me fill you in. A piece of shrapnel was making its way to your heart, and they couldn't take it out without killing you. Stark helped because he worked out a way to get it out. You also needed a blood transfusion from a relative" he explained slowly.

"I have family? Where are they? Who are they?" I was suddenly full of adrenaline.

"You're looking at your family right now" Steve replied.

"You're my family?" I exclaimed. The realization hit me. I finally had someone to call family and that was something I had wanted my entire life. I was in shock. Tony had called it.

"Will, are you okay?" Steve asked, touching my shoulder.

"Yeah, just fine" I stated to no one in particular. Steve soon got up to go get a doctor. A couple of seconds after Steve left, there was a faint knock on the door and Bruce came in.

"Hey Will. How you holding up?" he inquired.

"Just fine, Bruce. What are you doing here?" I replied.

"Natasha called the team down as soon as you and Steve were taken to the hospital" he answered.

"Now I kinda wish that you had tested my blood when we first met" I stated.

"I bet you do. Oh, and your friend Peter called. He just wanted to know if you were okay" Bruce said.

"How is Peter?" I asked.

"Peter's just fine. He's just worried about you" Bruce answered.

"When can I go home?" I inquired. I really hated being trapped in a hospital bed, for reasons I don't need to explain.