Chapter 12

"Hey kid, are you sure you want to get away from the tower for a while?" Clint asked me one day during training. I nodded.

"Well go pack some things. I know somewhere that's really safe" Clint said, shooing me off to my room. I just packed my hoodie, my phone, and other necessities and went to meet Clint at the jet. Steve was also there.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Steve asked. Again, I nodded. I had to get away from this place for at least a little while. I gave him a hug and got into the jet with Clint.

"Where exactly are we going?" I inquired.

"It's was a place built to contain the Hulk, so it's really sturdy and no one will break into it anytime soon. Bruce built it and Steve stayed there for a while after we found him. It's a SHIELD safe house" explained Clint. The rest of the ride was long and boring. When we arrived there was already another jet outside.

"That's odd" mumbled Clint. We headed to the door anyway. Clint knocked and the person that I least expected to answered the door.

"Principal Coulson" I was shocked.

"Will" Coulson said at the same time.

He was just as shocked as I was, if not more. Clint just stood there, mouth open. "C-Coulson" he choked out "but how?"

"Agent Barton. It's good to see you" Coulson said "come in. I'll explain everything".

He led us inside the small cabin. Inside there was a woman no older than twenty-seven. She had dark brown hair and dark eyes and she looked scared. "Guys, this is Skye" Coulson stated after quickly explaining to Clint why he was there and why he was even still alive.

She gave a small wave. Coulson and Clint talked some more and I went over to talk with Skye. "What's your name?" she inquired. I noticed that she had special braces on her arms.

"Will. Will Rogers" I stated.

"Hm. Any relation to Steve Rogers" she asked. I nodded.

"How?" she questioned further.

"I was created by Hydra using his DNA" I stated and then proceeded to tell her my life story telling her all except my powers.

"Wow. That sounds worse than my life" I gave her a look that said go on "Okay. Well I was an orphan for all of my life an then I became a hacker for the Rising Tide. Then I joined SHIELD. Then it fell. One of the people I was very close to turned out to be Hydra. Then I found out that my father was a murderer. And then I found myself in some Kree temple and now I have earthquake powers" she explained.

"That sounds just as bad as my life" I stated.

"Yeah, but you're only fifteen and have been through so much. Like DC and Ultron and Hydra. And add panic attacks on top of that" she whispered.

"Hey at least you only have one power to keep in check" I mumbled.

"Explain" she ordered.

"Well here it goes. So I was born with increased speed, strength and agility and the ability to create fire and start earthquakes. Then like six years ago AIM came in and gave me the power to control computers with my mind" I explained.

"Can I have a demonstration?" asked Skye excitedly. I nodded and we went outside. I consecrated and felt my palm heat up and the ground shook. Skye stared in awe. I stopped.

"How was that?" I breathed.

"Wow" Skye replied "Can you teach me how to control my power?".

I shook my head. "I was born with my powers and you got yours in a Kree temple. I don't know how they work. It might be the same it might not be, but I highly doubt it" I stated. Both Clint and Coulson rushed out of the cabin.

"Will" Clint yelled.

"Skye" Coulson shouted at the same time.

"That wasn't me" Skye said pointing at me "it was her".

"Will?Your SHIELD file never said anything about earthquake powers" Coulson shouted looking at me cautiously. I just shrugged.

"Well kid, I have to go. See you in a few weeks" Clint said, getting in the jet and heading back to the tower. Coulson left too, saying that he would be back in a couple weeks. Skye and I went back inside.

"So you never told me how you found out that Captain America was your dad? Or how you got all of those scars on your limbs" Skye stated.

"Okay. Well. Um. How do I say this? The scars are from countless beatings from the Hydra scum that kept me locked away. I found out that Steve was my father because I needed a blood transfusion from a relative in order to live. I was bleeding to death after the Winter Soldier shot me in the gut" I started as if it was normal.

"I've been shot in the gut before too".

We just sat in silence for a while when I realized how late it was and how tired I was. I got up and walked over to my bag. I sifted through all of the things I had brought. At the bottom of the bag was the knife that Clint had given me and a picture of the Avengers. Skye was looking over my shoulder. "What is all that stuff?" she asked.

"Things to remind me of home" I replied before curling up on the couch. I almost instantly fell into a restless sleep full of nightmares and reminders of the past.

I felt a cold hand wipe the tears off of my cheeks. I tensed. After all of these months I still wasn't used to being touched affectionately.

"Hey. It's okay. You're safe" whispered Skye. I rolled over to face her "What's wrong?"

"My past. I want to forget it. I only want to remember my life with the Avengers. How can I forget?" I sobbed. I hated being like this. It still hurt even though I was miles away.

"We can't just forget our past. It shapes us. Now try and get some sleep" Skye stated, going back to bed.

The days had gone by, and I was starting to get a bit homesick. I would get the occasional text from Tony saying how he wished I was there because I was the only one other than Bruce that understood his work. Peter would also call me to ask where I was and if I was okay.

My phone rang. It was Tony.

"Hello" I answered.

"Hey mini Rogers. When exactly will you be home?" he asked.

"I don't know. Do you want me to come home?" I asked.

"Yes. We are falling apart here" Tony stated.

"Fine. Have Clint come an get me. I'll pack my things" I said, hanging up. I turned around and Skye was right behind me.

"What was that about?" she inquired.

"Tony wants me to come home so he is sending Clint to come and get me" I stated, walking over I my bag and putting some of my things in it.

"Oh. I'm going to miss having someone else here" Skye said glumly.

"I'm going to miss it here too, but my family needs me" I got up and hugged Skye. She had become a kind of friend for me. There was a loud sound outside. Clint had just landed the jet. I said goodbye to Skye and headed towards the jet with my bag.

"Hey, mini Rogers. You miss us?" Tony said as I stepped into the jet. He gave me a huge hug.

"Yeah. Hi Tony. Can't breath" I whined. He let me go. Clint was there and so were Nat and Steve.

"Hi dad" I said, walking up to Steve. He engulfed me in another hug. I hadn't see my family in three weeks. Steve set me down, and Nat just gave me a small, quick hug. I then sat down next to Steve.

"So, Mini Rogers, How was life in the woods?" Tony inquired.

"It was good, but I really missed you guys" I stated.

For the rest of the flight home we were silent.