Chapter 19

I had spent two weeks training intensely. Even with all of the training, it still hurt whenever I allowed myself to burst into flames. I was tired and sore and ready to go back to school. I was sick of doing all my assignments online.

I knew the if I went back I would be called a freak, but I didn't care. I would still have Peter and Coulson.

I was in the lab one day when Pepper walked in and pulled Tony aside. "She needs to go back to school. A girl her age should not be hanging out with middle aged super humans twenty-four seven. She should be with people around her age" I heard Pepper say.

"She's fine here. She's getting trained, she's safe. If Doctor Doom comes for her again, we can protect her. If she's at school and he attacks, she might get taken again, and people might die" Tony argued.

"Tony, she needs to have a life. She can't live in constant fear. It will kill her. She needs friends her age. Besides, she has that team of heroes that go to her school to back her up". 

"Excuse me, but I for one would like to go back to school soon" I butted in.

"Good. You go back in the morning" Pepper said, walking out of the lab.

"Tony, don't worry. I'll be fine. I need this. Plus, I've been training. I know what to do if Doom comes for me again" I reassured him.

"I guess you're right. Why do you have to be so much like your dad?" he sighed.

"I don't know. Why did Hydra create me with his DNA in the first place?" I shrugged.

"Fair point".

I got up and left to go find the others to tell them that I was going back to school in the morning. I headed down to the gym first because I knew that just about everyone was going to be there. I walked in and everyone looked at me.

"Hey, mini Rogers" Johnny called.

"Hey, Johnny. I won't be able to make it to training tomorrow because I'm going back to school" I stated.

"Oh, have fun. Just letting you know, prepare for insults. If this Flash kid is as bad as you say he is, then he probably portrayed you as a dangerous freak who will kill everyone on site" he warned.

"Yeah, I know. I just need to get out of here for at least a week" I stated. The others walked over.

"Will, it's too danger-" Nat started.

"I can handle myself" I interrupted.

"You can go, but if you have any trouble, just get out of there" Steve said. I nodded.

The battle started as soon as I got to school. I walked into the building, and all heads turned.

"Freak" a few kids shouted.

"Mutant" a few more hissed.

"Go back to hell" someone yelled.

"I'm calling the MRD" a girl said. If they only knew what they were dealing with. I ignored the comments and insults and headed straight for Coulson's office.

"Will, it's good to see you" he said with a smile.

"It's like a war zone out there. One kid called the MRD" I huffed, sitting down.

"Let me handle this" Coulson said, punching a few numbers into his phone. He put it on speaker.

"Yes hello, this is Agent Coulson of SHIELD. I need you to call off your squad. There is no mutant at Midtown High" he tried to explain.

"Sorry sir, but we need to check things out" the man in the other end said. 

"The so called mutant has saved countless lives".