#Part ₁ - Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ Pᴇᴛ

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

𝑹𝑨𝒀𝑳𝑨, 𝑯𝑨𝑫 𝑩𝑬𝑬𝑵 𝑷𝑬𝑹𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑫 𝑶𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑹 𝑫𝑨𝑹𝑲, 𝑮𝑳𝑰𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑶𝑵𝑬–𝑶𝑵𝑪𝑬 𝑨𝑮𝑨𝑰𝑵. She had been observing all her surroundings, and yet only one seemed to trigger her, the satisfied smug look that had lingered on the Dark queens face for the past three days.

News had spread throughout the castle that Aelin Galathynius, the fire wielding queen had been captured by the one and only Maeve.

Of course no one outside Maeve's inner court did not figure anything out of the anomaly, so no one knew, other then her court. Not that you could even call Maeve's loyal circle of companions a 'court'.

Because it was not united as one, Rowan was gone, so was Lorcan she hadn't heard about Gavriel, but she was assuming him as well. The only one that was left was Fenrys.

She hadn't seen him since he supposedly arrived with the young queen of Terrasen. Well they hadn't arrived they had both been captured; in a way. The cadre had all betrayed Maeve, she was certainly not happy about that, but the dark queen had found a way to adjust by having Aelin at her mere fingertips.

Rayla hadn't been ordered to do anything over the past few days, until she had.

Maeve had turned to look at her in the plain cage that night, the queens dark eyes piercing through her own lifeless emerald ones, owning the power with the gaze, owning her.

"Little pet, As you know I have the Heir of Mala, I order you to ... fix her when she is beyond broken." Maeve said pausing in between, she gazed away before locking her vicious eyes back on Rayla with a growing horrid grin, showing her straight pearl white teeth, whilst twisting a long lock of dark hair around her index finger.

Rayla had only responded with a mere nod as the fear for herself, crept in.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

A few days had passed since Maeve's most recent order to her had occurred. Rayla was waiting, as she had been for the past few days, dreading on what she would have to witness or fix, of who she had to fix. Rayla never usually got nervous to see more higher ranked people, but the thought of Aelin Galathynius made her slightly tremble.

And so the moment she had been dreading; came that night as the stars shown bright and clear, so so many stars.

Rayla was perched on Maeve's wicked throne, as still as death, unyielding, almost a statue, before her voice thrummed and echoed through the half open throne room.

"Rayla, shift." Those two words, were so little but held so much power over her, she couldn't do anything but obey.

She fluttered her wings and buffed out her snow white feathers, flying down from the throne and shifting before Maeve. In a wink of an eye, golden light glimmered where she now kneeled. Her ragged and ripped clothes said enough about how she was treated. Her stench also hinting at how long she had been in her owl form.

Rayla bowed her head low for the queen before letting her instincts take over. The sound of her own raspy voice humming through her bones gave her shivers as she gritted through her teeth and spoke. "My queen, you have need of my assistance?"

The queen only hummed in response unfazed by her appearance. Maeves eyes locked onto her own, as she dared to lift her head to peer at the queen, only to find her studying her face to move down and observe her state.

She clicked her tongue in distaste, as she finally looked away to inspect her nails. "Seems you need to take care of  yourself Rayla, because I would rather having my most  prized  healer, looking her finest. So I suppose you need to freshen up, don't you?" The queen of fae questioned before dragging her violet eyes back to her emerald ones.

Hah, take care of myself? I would if I weren't chained to such a rotty bitch. Rayla thought, scoffing in her head.

As much as Raylas body distasted the movement, she still bowed her head in acknowledgement . "Yes my queen, whatever you wish." She bit out, not intending it to come out as harsh as it did, but it was too late as the words escaped her lips. Rayla slightly lifted her eyes to see Maeve's nostrils flare in annoyance.

Maeve knew deep down that Rayla despised her guts, and she also knew that Rayla couldn't act on her hatred because she was leashed; by her, and nobody would come rescue her like they will with Aelin Galathynius, not even her own brother.

She was practically forgotten, but she forced the heart clutching thoughts away and kept her eyes on the ground before her.

"Go clean yourself up, then the guards will escort you to my prisoner." That was all Maeve had to say, for Rayla to nod her head and rise from her spot on the ground and walk away. As she was about to walk through an archway Maeve's voice sounded. "And Rayla, take your time." Although Rayla could not see her, she heard the cruel grin in her words.

Rayla then walked through the archway towards the bathing chambers.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Song of the day: Half of my Heart(orchestral version) by Josh Makazo
❤️

(889words)

If you enjoyed this part, Vote and comment, and give me some feedback. ❤️‍🔥