#Part ₂ - Gᴜɪʟᴛʏ

warning ⚠️
this story contains detailed gore, and sensitive topics, read at your own risk.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Rayla was guilty, because she did; take her sweet time. The moment she had touched the warm water awaiting her in the tub, her body had melted into its warm soothing touch. It was like a personal escape from reality.

As she leant back against the smooth surface of the tub, she glanced at the soap bar and reached out and palmed it gently she slowly cleaned herself, freeing the dirty stench that had been lingering for some time now, she made sure she sunk her head deep under, freeing some knots in her long silver hair and cleaning the grime away.

That one bar of soap was like heaven itself, and Rayla made sure she scrubbed every single inch of her body with it. Her skin was raw, but clean, so she couldn't complain.

She finished up bathing after what felt only like minutes, but when she glanced at the clock it had been over an hour, Rayla had looked down at her hands to see them wrinkled and she decided to get out, but a sigh still escaped her lips. The bathing room had a small ledge located next to the tub, where a pair of fresh clean clothes were placed unknowingly. Rayla hadn't noticed when they appeared but she was glad, she had new clothes; and to her surprise it wasn't a flimsy dress, but a pair of brown leather pants and a loose linen shirt, the colour plum.

Maeve was never this generous, she certainly wanted something from me. Rayla sighed while wrapping a white towel around herself and drying of lightly before letting a slip of her wind out, to dry the rest of her paled tan skin.

It was a relief that Maeve hadn't captured everything of her and shoved it away, Rayla was glad she could use a slither of her wind, it reminded her of Rowan, the brother she once loved as much as he did her, he never really showed her but she knew; deep down she knew.

Rayla had been drifting off into thought when suddenly Maeves dark voice purred through her mind repeating what she had said hours earlier to Rayla, what Maeve had ordered, 'Go clean yourself up, then the guards will escort you to my prisoner'.

She shut out the thought, and slid her feet into some small flat boots, that healers usually wear in rough weather during wars. They comfortably fit, so Rayla made her way to the doors where the guards were waiting for her.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

The guards and her had been walking for around about 15 minutes. The walk was slow and boring, and the dread was building up underneath, and she could feel herself getting uneasy.

She knew that Aelin galathynius wouldn't be able to see who she was, but there was a part of her that wanted- needed; someone to know she was here, that she was real.

Rayla needed someone to know of her existence.

They finally arrived, to a wooden door. As soon as Rayla halted in her place, it hit her, the tang of blood lingering in the air, smelling oh so familiar. But it wasn't her own blood but, a raw crackling tang of fresh blood filled her senses, and she almost felt sick.
She looked down at the knob and forced herself to turn it, and she opened the door.

There laying on the stone floor, was the Queen of Terrasen. She almost couldn't recognise the young queen, as her back was bloodied with lashings from a brutal unworldly whip, and her leg was twisting gruesomely the wrong way. Aelins face was untouched, but splattered with blood, her own blood. Rayla felt like she was going to be sick. Her gaze slowly scanned over the freshly cut skin on her arms and her stomach, chunks of her flesh were half attached to her limbs. It looked horrible.

Rayla quickly ran over to the young queens side and placed her hands on the queens very, broken leg. A warm golden light illuminated from her hands and slowly, the magic seeped into Aelins body. Rayla had to crack the bone back into place with her leg so it would heal properly same goes for her other broken bones. One by one, eventually she healed the young queens frail body. The lashings on her back disappeared along with the deep wounds on her limbs, and eventually hours later Aelins body was like a blank canvas once again.

Rayla sighed deeply, wiping the blood from her hands onto her pants. Her body slouched, she would never of wished this upon anyone, well probably one person. Whatever Maeve has tried to dig out of this poor female, did not work and she probably will keep trying to carve information out. If only Rayla could do something, anything.

Then an idea popped into her head, Aelin Galathynius was supposedly associated with Rowan now, and Rayla and Rowan are siblings and share a very similar scent, of Pine and Snow. If Rayla unmasked her scent for even a few seconds, that could possibly motivate the queen? 

This is the most stupidest idea she has ever come up with. She thought to herself, as she closed her eyes and let her scent unbuckle for a few seconds, before masking it and quickly standing in her place rushing to the door with unhuman like speed.  Rayla closed the door as quick as she could and turned to the guards.

"My work is done, you may escort me back to my Queen."

Rayla said unwavering, not looking back at the door, but some part deep down wanted her to run back in there and show the queen of Terrassen that Rowan Whitethorn had a sister, and that she was alive.

But Rayla did not, she simply walked away from the queen to be confronted by another.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Song of the day: Girl with one eye by Florence + The Machine 💚

(1000words)

If you enjoyed this part, Vote and comment, and give me some feedback. ❤️‍🔥