#Part ₁₀ - Yᴏᴜ Dᴏ Nᴏᴛ Yɪᴇʟᴅ

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Rayla:

Rayla new that she would of had to eventually get to this point, but still, it didn't stop the rattle in her nerves beneath now her tan skin— that had browned over the days she had been sprinting, hunting and searching in. As she blended in cooly with the leaves of the oak trees, she made sure not to give away her scent nor her presence as she watched, watched like an owl, stalked like one.

Curse the gods, for making her wait. Wait for when she knew her brother would storm through the gates of the camp right into the centre.

She needed to keep reminding herself on how she was not being saved. No, she had been merely forgotten and discarded into a bucket of unwanted memories, put aside to rott.

She didn't mean anything then, she certainly would mean anything now.

But she was not here for Rowan, she was here for the young blonde queen that had suffered, for days, months on end. She had sacrificed herself for her kingdom, and Rayla knew that much to know whom a true Queen was when she saw one.

Rayla shifted in less than a blink of an eye, keeping low and quiet. It was the start of a new day, the future pressing down like a snake eyeing its prey, she knew this would go down well in the end, not for her at least; it never did.

With the sun rising slowly her instincts were gripping at the edges of her head containing her will to storm right in there and slaughter every single person.  

The sun started peaking up over the large mass of tents lined in rows and rows, just like the fear of what was awaiting her when she did make her move on the heart of the camp.

Her soul stung with need, need to do something and quick, she couldn't wait anymore but she had to.

Time was precious but so was her awaiting plan.

Her plan to do something, and not obey anyone but herself.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Aelin:

Cairn would begin again soon. It would be wretched. And then the healers would return with their sweet smelling smoke, as they had come these months, these years, however long it had been.

But she'd seen beyond them, for an instant. Had seen canvas fabric draped overhead, rushed covered with woven rugs beneath their sandalled feet. Braziers smouldered all around.

A tent. She was in a tent. Murmuring sounded outside— not nearby, but close enough for her Fae hearing to pick up. People speaking in both her tongue and the old language, someone muttering about the cramped camp conditions.

An army camp, full of Fae.

A more secure location, Cairn had said. Maeve had wanted her here, to guard her from Morath. Until Maeve clamped the cold Wyrdstone collar around her neck.
But then oblivion swept in.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Rowan:

Dawn neared the stars dimming one by one.

Rowan lurked by the southernmost entrance to the camp, his power thrumming. His thoughts exploding.

Cairns tent may in the centre of the camp. A mile and a half lay between Rowan and his prey.

When the guards began their shift change, he'd rip the air from their lungs.

Would rip the air from the lungs of every soldier in his path. How many would he know? How many had he trained? A small part of him prayed the number would be few. That if they knew him it would be wise to stand down. abe had no intention of stopping, though.

Rowan freed the hatchet from his side, a long knife already glinting in the other.

A killing calm had settled over him hours ago. Days ago. Months ago.

Only a few more minutes.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Rayla:

She thought she was ready, ready to see him to face him. She wasn't, not as her heart dropped and she felt sick to her gut as her face paled. His long knife glinting in the sun that shone over the treetops, heat radiating from the sky.
She watched closely as his eyes followed the camp entrance, saw the deadly leathal calm shine in his eyes, she hadn't seen that look sin-...since, since Lyria. She didn't want to know how many people would be slaughtered tonight by her brothers hand but rather how many people would be saved out of the two in the camp.

She hadn't known how she knew Fenrys was there, didn't know now, but she felt him in there.

She could feel everything, the dread, the helplessness, the anger. Everyone single emotion she could feel and she mirrored every single one of them.

A killing calm had fixed itself hours ago, days ago. She was ready. It was only moments now, before she splinted through the trees and right towards the centre of the village, only moments before she stole any weapon in sight and killed everyone who came in her way, she was more then ready.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Sorry pookies, that this is so short and you waited forever, but honestly i haven't been doing to good. My mental health has decreased significantly, and im struggling to find motivation for a lot of things and one of those being writing, but tonight i had a boost of motivation and wrote the bare minimum. I know it's not a lot but im working on it and myself, love you all stay safe and happy, i'll update again this week! 🖤

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

no song 🎶 👯‍♀️
~

(926words)

If you enjoyed this part, Vote and comment, and give me some feedback. ❤️‍🔥