#Part ₈ - Lᴏsᴛ ɴ Fᴏᴜɴᴅ

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Rayla:

She had been running for hours.

   Rayla had gotten far out of the City of rivers. Doranelle was haunting her. Even though she was far gone she still felt shadows creeping up on her from a distance, but she was too exhausted to care.

She lifted one foot up then down, and again with the next.

Her surroundings were peaceful, the air was not thick and heavy, but relaxing. The trees varied from different sizes, all beautiful and striking to the eye. At least to her—she hadn't been out of the city of rivers in centuries. She had almost forgotten what beauty forests held.

The night was cool, and her skin sticky with sweat. She had no idea where she was now dragging her feet to, just as long as it wasn't back in Maeve's command.

She huffed a long breath.

Crack, snap.

She halted, and straightened; snapping her head around to view her surroundings. She watched the shadows, all unmoving. Nothing but the outline of trees.

Someone was here, something was watching her, and she had been too stupid to notice.

It knew she was there, so there was no hesitant in her voice as she spoke, "Who's there?"

Rayla's voice felt unrecognisable, the dry weak rasp more than clear to an outsider.

She had nothing to defend herself with, not even a breeze of wind. Nothing, and she is too weak to fight.

Rayla sucked in a strained breath. The trees now feeling as if they were caging her in.

A low growl rippled through the shadows.

She turned around in almost an instant, she saw a flash of white.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Fenrys:

No, No, No, No, No!

He was running.

He did not need her scent, because he felt her, knew where she was, knew how far she had gotten. He couldn't stop.

He had been running for only an hour, and he could feel himself getting closer by the minute, his white fur shimmering in the glistening moonlight.

He wanted to stop— needed to stop. But he couldn't, because he had been ordered to go after her. He had been ordered to kill her  if she wasn't willing to go back.

He knew she would not go back.

He knew as her scent was so strong that all he could do was let out a low growl— and warn her.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Rayla:

She turned to be met with beautiful striking onyx eyes.

She stumbled a step back. No, No, No, No.

"I can't Fenrys..."
She would rather die than go back to her.

"I'm sorry..." She said no louder than a whisper.

Rayla's eyes lined with silver as she saw the white wolf's features turn into a grimace.