#Part ₆ - Mᴀᴇᴠᴇs Oᴡʟ, Mᴀᴇᴠᴇs Wᴏʟғ

TW! - Last warning guys, but there is references of SA, and other mature and explicit scenes through this fic, and if you're not comfy please exit. <3

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Fenrys:

He felt numb as he awaited what would come for him, he welcomed the shadows forming deep in his soul, he did not know what to think anymore, everything happened so quick; Aelin and the crown--the white barn owl--no-- Rowan Whitethorn's sister, her name... Rayla. She had tried to help-- tried to help Aelin, his true queen.

Fenrys was laying on a bed he did not want to, in the very room; that him and his brother had experienced many different traumatic events, all because of one person, Maeve.

Not long after the silver haired female had been knocked out, he had been commanded to return to Maeve's quarters.

He knew what that meant.

He couldn't muster the will to care though, couldn't give a shit as to what was to come for him, but for some utterly ridiculous reason, his attention kept sliding to the white barn owl passed out on the floor of the iron cage in the corner of the room. He had always wondered why Maeve wanted   that   barn owl to watch.

And now he knew.

He could never recognise her scent until it hit him like a hammer to the head, on the balcony earlier, some splinter of hope had shone bright, but then the realisation had struck him, and it was not Rowan Whitethorn -not the savoir he had been hoping for- but his very sister. 

Fenrys closed his eyes, as he lied in the depths of his own sorrow, covered in layers of plush fabrics he couldn't muster anything inside of him to care- at least not for himself. He let the salted tears roll down his face meeting his, sightly quivering, lips; the salted taste making him wipe them away with the back of his palm.

He knew Maeve would make him wait- would force him to wait.

The air changed and so did a scent- no the female across the room from him slowly awoke; Rayla's scent hit him hard, a wave of emotions washed over his senses.

Confusion, sadness, and anger.

Boiling raw anger, but not his own.

He watched the white barn owl flutter her eyes, a rare sight for an owl, one that he had witnessed far to many times, not knowing up until earlier, who that barn owl was.

The owl did not move only straightened herself, all she did was turn her head to face him. Her green emerald eyes

He blinked at her, one, two, three—times.

Three for, Are you alright?

He knew she probably had no clue on what he was saying wordlessly, but he still meant to try.

He blinked once again, so maybe she could see it was a question. One, two, three.

The white owl only blinked back once.

He realised it was not a response, but yet confusion that flashed as quick as it came, in her eyes. He was to focused on her to even listen in to the slow footsteps that sounded in the hallways. He noticed her attention wavered only to connect her eyes back on his again. Rayla blinked again, only this time, One, two, three- times.

The wooden doors dragged, and the hinges squeaked.  He didn't care. No, not as he focused his everything onto the whitethorn blood right infront of him, but so far away, not as he sent his last message to her before everything went to utter hell. Two blinks.

Two blinks, and he turned his attention away from the mesmerising green and towards the dark violet eyes boring into his own.

Maeve looked neutral, but her roiling power was so raw and strong that you could feel the anger wavering from her. He knew this would not end well for anyone, and that he would probably never be saved from this misery, would be captured by eternal suffering, it was selfish but, at easy he was not alone in it.

Fenrys watched as Maeve took elegant strides toward him— towards the bed he lay on— waiting.

He watched as Maeve's eyes snapped to the small cage in the corner with the white barn owl as still as night overlooking everything.

Maeve's feline lips curled up into a wicked grin, her eyes piercing the white owls.

A rush of invisible dark magic wavered through the room, he felt something like an order, but not for him.

Watch.

Then he felt that bubbling anger roar through his chest, he ducked in a breath causing Maeve to snap her gaze back to him. He started sweating. Literally sweating- forming on his forehead, he inhaled another take of air, but it came out sounding strained.

His very soul tugged not towards the Dark Faerie Queen but the female behind her.

It wasn't his soul but a bond. A bond tugging, needing, pulling.

Not any bond. No.

His features turned into a grimace as Maeve prowled closer to the dark poster bed. He let out what almost sounded like a whimper of relief, but wretched remorse only filled his heart, as the bond that was straining wasn't any bond—but a mating bond.

Rayla whitethorn was his Mate.

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Song of the day:

'Need 2 by Pinegrove 
💛🖤

(933words)

hey guys i know this was shorter and i know it took me forever but ive been super busy but dont worry i haven't forgotten im speed writing next part i promise hopefully it will be ready by end of next week <3

If you enjoyed this part, Vote and comment, and give me some feedback. ❤️‍🔥