#Part ₁₅ - Aᴡᴀɪᴛᴇᴅ

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Rayla:

She awoke by a grumble through the earth. She shot her eyes open instantly.

Quickly she viewed her surroundings. She realised that she wasn't perched on the forests green bed, but a white soft one.

She ruffled her feathers in embarrassment, as she soon realised it was not the earth the rattled but, Fenrys stomach that had growled making him shiver in distaste.

He couldn't see her but he could feel her every move as she was still perched on his back, she hooted at him, not loud but not quiet. They were walking, he was walking with her on him, she was probably weighing him down.

Fenrys halted his steps, turning his long furred snout to face back at her.

He knew what she was thinking. How did he know?

The white wolf snuffed air out, a disapproving grunt. She saw the look on his eyes, 'No you aren't.'

Rayla feeling self conscious, decided to flutter her wings,visually now uncomfortably awkward– even with no words she could still make any situation weird.

She patted across his furry back, towards his head, she politely jumped off and quickly padded in front of him. He was massive compared to her owl form, gigantic even.

She made sure no one had their eyes trained on her and she quickly shifted.

White light flashed and she was suddenly knelt before him. He looked at her with plain eyes.

She scoffed, then proceeded to say, "You need to eat Fenrys, I don't care what you choose to hunt or consume, but you're not walking any further until you do. I can hear your stomach for rutting sake! I'm not stupid so don't even try to fight me on this."

She said furrowing her eyebrows giving him a look saying, don't even try.

The other's had stopped to watch, and by the looks they all gave each other they clearly thought the same, and slowly Lorcan, the smaller woman, and Gavriel- all found a log to sit themselves on. Rowan on the other hand did not tear his eyes away from Aelin, whom was only mere feet away from Fenrys side, still encased in bright flaming fire.

Fenrys gave her a puzzled but knowing look, he huffed out a breath of air right into her face. He trotted off leaving her there, she quickly shifted back into her owl form.

She loved her owl form, but the years spent in it, made her sick to the core, the things she had witnessed-.

She inhaled then sighed, she needed to let that go- she needed to move on, she shouldn't be so weak, thinking of-...

Thinking of her.

~

Time went by—
way. too. slow.

Sometimes she would stare out into nothingness, everything becoming a mere blurred figure, in her vision.

Sometimes she needed to save herself from the feeling of sinking in her own thoughts and just drown into natures high of the soft breeze against her cheeks, or the feeling of grass swiping against her feet— a luxury she hadn't had for quite awhile.

She had no thoughts, only what was before her, laid out like a painting– for her viewing, only her.

It was like an escape from the hellish reality she was caged in.
An escape from the life sucking pain that encased her, all the time.