#Part ₁₄ - Tʜᴇ Qᴜᴇᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ Hᴇʀ Cᴏᴜʀᴛ

⤛⤚⟞༺☼༻⟝⤙⤜

Rayla:

The swipe of a blade and the whisk of a wild current– wind- Rowan.

She dodged it, only just.

The anger, and mix of emotion radiated throughout the small space Aelin's court had closed in on. The place that was circled in her court, where she was now fighting her brother.

It looked like an entertainment to them rather than a fight. That fumed the roiling power in her, it growled to be released, all these years and she hadn't been able to let the build up out yet– soon it will happen and she won't be able to control it.

Rayla felt nothing but pure betrayal– her face although, was the opposite, cold and emotionless—a barrier, for the emotional storm of feelings, cooped up.

Rowan on the other hand, looked conflicted, confused, frustrated and angry. His face was fixed in a scowl mixed with disgust. His eyes were almost lit with green flames, those piercing emerald eyes, a mirror of her own— held many emotions.

Some dark part of her wanted to see him suffer the way she did. But he had suffered for many years, just differently, but she still couldn't muster up a reason as to why he left her.

Rayla's silver hair was whisking everywhere, the wind coming from every place it could.

It was like a storm but with no clouds, only two currents fighting against each other.

One on one, Rowan and Rayla circled each other like prey.

She had no weapons, other than herself. He did though.

Rowan was charging at her every chance he could get he swiped his blade.

Slash.
One to close to her neck, but she still managed to twist out of the blades reach.

She was exhausted but she could feel that strange mix of that golden unnamed power–welled up–racing to the surface– banging against the doors, of her mind.

Her wind, a cool breeze smoothing that shine of golden light.

She let out a shuddering breath before ducking through Rowans legs.He was throwing killing blows toward her. Did he really want her dead?

He recognised what she was doing, but it was already too late. She had caught him off guard and that was all she needed to move past and strike his face with a solid punch.

Rowan staggered back in disbelief, as if forgetting they had trained together when they were younger, as if forgetting who, and what she was.

He stood there in disbelief. Rayla was panting, the hours of flying and trekking through forest, all weighing down on her. She sucked in a harsh breath before exhaling.

"Why did you do it?" She gritted out, silver now lining her ever so dull eyes, the spark and emotion drained away, covered by a blanket of nightmares that scrambled her head every night.

There was no response, only the sound of leaves rustling in the distance.

Rayla stepped forward, only once.

"Do you hate me that much? What did I do for you to hate me?!" Her voice pitched, the volume and tone rising, along with her anger, her pain.

She took another step. Her heart was pounding, her head was racing. But she need to know why. Rowans face was like stone, the only hint of emotion his brows furrowing creasing in the middle. Rayla could feel the tears brewing but she was doing all she could to block them from falling.