A miracle

Summary: Reader is pregnant with their first child and experiences a lot of pain when Natasha is away on a mission.

Warnings: r has superpowers, r is pregnant, near death during childbirth (r and baby), emergency c-section, angst with happy ending.

~

You were pregnant with your and Natasha's first child. The two of you were extremely excited to be starting this journey together. You were currently 32 weeks pregnant and had stopped working. Of course, usually you get maternity leave when you're 36 weeks pregnant but seeing as you're a part of the Avengers, the team made sure that you were out of harm's way as soon as possible. If it was up to your best friend Wanda she'd have had you sit out training and intel missions way sooner, but you convinced her 30 weeks was early enough.

Natasha has been great during the pregnancy. She's always been amazing, but she really stepped up to help you with everything you needed, from food cravings to your chores around the compound. When Natasha was away on missions you relied on Wanda to do these things for you. Which Wanda happily did, she was like your sister. You grew up with her and Pietro back at Hydra where you got your powers, similar to Pietro you got superhuman speed and everything that came with it. At Hydra they had wanted to test out if the powers would work differently on the male and female body, turned out there were no differences.

The last two days Natasha had been away on an intel mission, nothing too major, just following people around seeing where they keep their data. You're watching a movie on the couch with Wanda when a sharp pain in your stomach makes you scream out. Wanda is immediately by your side as well as Pietro who runs in a couple second later after hearing the scream. "What's wrong?" They ask simultaneously. "I don't know but it hurts." You cry out.

"I'll call Dr. Cho to get her to the infirmary, Pietro can you get y/n there?" Wanda says already dialing Dr. Cho's number. Pietro nods and picks you up gently, trying his best to not cause you more pain. Once he has a good hold on you he sprints off. In the infirmary he places you gently on the bed. Your hands instantly grip the railing of the bed screaming out in pain again.

Dr. Cho comes rushing in the room with Wanda right behind her. She puts all kinds of monitors on you and around your stomach for the baby to figure out what is happening. The machines start beeping like crazy when another pain wave hits. Dr. Cho tries to read them, but the numbers change too quickly. You reach your hand out to Wanda, "Nat. I need Nat." Tears running down your face as the pain hasn't gone down one bit. "I'm on it." She says giving your hand a quick squeeze.

Walking out the room Wanda dials Nat's number. Natasha picks up the phone, "This better be urgent, I'm kind of busy here Maximoff." After Natasha finishes her sentence she hears Wanda sniff on the other side of the line. Instantly she drops her annoyance and gets worried. "Nat, you need to come back quickly. Something is wrong with y/n and the baby. Dr. Cho is doing everything she can, but we don't know what's happening. You just need to be here soon, she needs you."

Natasha takes a deep breath. "I'm on my way. Tell her I'll be there soon." With that she grabs her jacket and runs outside, not caring about her cover anymore. She jumps on her motorcycle and speeds back home.

"Pietro, I need you to go to the hospital and get an ultrasound machine, quickly." Dr. Cho yells over the beeping. Pietro speeds out of the room as Wanda enters again. "Nat is one her way, she'll be here soon." You grip Wanda's hand as another wave of excruciating pain hits you. Crying out as the pain keeps steady for a longer period of time. Once it settles again you manage to tell Dr. Cho between heavy breaths that it feels like your stomach is going to explode as each wave of pain hits.