Seventeen

I pulled up in front of Estella's dorm to find her talking to the girls I'd seen when we'd went shopping. When she caught sight of me she told them good-bye before coming to get in the car with me. "Hey Auntie," she greeted shutting her door.

"Hey there Little Star," I replied smiling at her. "Are those the girls you were telling me about?"

She nodded buckling her seat belt as we started on our way. "I know that dad isn't a fan of them because of how they look but they are really nice."

"He's just trying to look out for you Hon."

"Is that why you've come in? To help keep an eye on me?"

I was silent for a moment watching the traffic in front of us. "He did ask me to come in. I'm sorry that I haven't been around a lot before now."

From the corner of my eye I saw her pick at something on her pants. "What's kept you away all of these years?"

"Your grandmother isn't my biggest fan and by me staying away it ensured that your mother's parents were in your life."

"They're your parents too."

"My mother isn't a fan of choices I made in life so she basically disowned me."

"You're so nonchalant about it, doesn't it bother you?

I ran my knuckles over my lips before letting out a sigh. "Of course it brothers me but she's set in her ways."

We both fell into silence as we drove to downtown to a dress shop we'd seen while out shopping.

I sat just outside of the dressing rooms, drumming my fingers against the arms of my seat waiting for her come out in the fourth dress the saleswoman had brought her. The off-white door swung open and I sat forward when Estella stepped out wearing a light mauve one-shoulder drape dress that fit her like a glove so it accentuated all of her petite curves not to mention how the color complimented her strawberry blonde waves and fair skin. A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth as the memory of going dress shopping with Elizabeth when our mother was planning her wedding to Tavin.

"What do you think?" she asked turning from the mirror to face me, all I could see was her mother.

"You look wonderful Sweetheart," I replied with a smile.

"What's wrong? You look sad."

I worried my bottom lip between my teeth before speaking. "I'm not sad Honey, I was just remembering ."

She raised her eyebrow placing her hands on her hips as she looked at me. "Remembering what?"

"This made me think about when I'd went with your mom to pick out her wedding dress."

I watched her shift from foot to foot. "Do you think they regret having me?"

My brow furrowed as I rose from my chair and stepped over to her. "Of course not Stella," I told her placing a hand on her upper arm. "Why would you think?"

She hugged herself looking down at her feet then raised her autumn colored gaze to meet my own. "I feel like I held them back in life."

"Oh Baby." I pulled her into my arms placing a hand on the back of her head smoothing down her hair. "Don't ever think that. You were, are the light of their lives."

Slowly her arms came to wrap around my middle and rested her forehead against my shoulder. "I miss mom," she whispered and I kissed her head.

"I know Little Star," I breathed. "I miss her too."

Night came but sleep didn't so I crawled out of bed and went to check on Estella. She was breathing softly as she laid on her side with her legs tangled in the blanket. I smiled a little and shut the bedroom door heading to the kitchen to get a drink. I found one of the patio lights was on, so I stepped out onto the deck to see Tavin swimming laps around the in-ground pool. I let out a sigh and sat at the edge with my feet hanging in the warm water. He came up for air and his eyes fell onto me as he pushed his hair out of his face. "Hey," he greeted and swam to the edge where I was sitting so he could place his crossed arms on the deck beside of my hip.

"Midnight swim?" I asked and tilted my head so I could look down at him.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep. I'm guessing that you couldn't either."

I shook my head. "Joys of insomnia."

"How did dress shopping go?"

I caught my bottom lip between my teeth before answering his question. "She thinks she ruined your life."

His dark brow furrowed at this. "What?"

"While we were at the shop she asked me if I thought you and Liz regretted having her. She feels liked she held you back in life."

He huffed a sigh and raked a hand through his hair again. "What would make her think that?"

"For what it's worth I told her she was the light of your lives."

He gave me a sad smile as his hand came to rest on my knee. "Thank you Anna."

I gave him a small smile of my own and let rest my hand on top of his, brushing my thumb over his knuckles. Slowly he moved through the water and pushed my legs apart so he could settle between them placing a hand on either side of my waist. My hands cupped his face and I leaned down kissing him slowly. He let out a little groan and his wet hands found my hips as he returned the kiss, nipping at my bottom lip. When our lips parted I ran my thumbs over his cheeks and he turned his head to kiss one of my palms.

"I'm glad you agreed to come in Annie."

My face flushed and butterflies erupted in my stomach like every time he's called me that since the dream I had that first night. "What's on your mind?" he asked resting his chin on my leg as he looked up at me.

I ran my fingers through his hair and let out a sigh. "I just get a little hot and bothered when you call me that."

"Oh yeah?"

I nodded biting my lip. "That morning after we'd fallen asleep together and you'd gotten up to go to work I may have had a, uhm, sexual dream."

His dark brow raised in surprise. "Oh? And what happened in this dream?"

My blush darkened. "Well, I woke up to you between my legs so you could eat me out before you yanked me down the bed. Your cock is so much better than I dreamed. When you were about to slip inside you put my legs over your shoulders then you stretched me slowly until you bottomed out inside of me. I never thought I was one to like being praised until the dream version of you told me how good I felt. What sent me over the edge was you growling 'you are such a good slut for me Annabeth.'"

His eyes darkened as he looked at me. "If Estella wasn't here I'd do my damnedest to make your dream a reality, but really don't need to scar her like that."

I laughed a little and pecked his lips. "So can I ask something personal?" He gave my hips a gentle squeeze and nodded. "How much did you try with Elizabeth?"

"We only ever did missionary, she never wanted to try the things I did."

"Can't say that surprises me."

"Can I be honest about something?"

"Of course."

"You aren't the only one who's imagined those things. I got myself off in the shower the night you cooked me dinner to the thought of what it would feel like to have you riding me then again when I wondered what it would be like to have your mouth wrapped around my cock. Now that I've experienced both I realize my imagination hadn't even scratched the surface."

"Glad I surpassed your expectations."