《 Chapter 8: I Won't Say (I'm In Love) 》

In Y/N's bedroom, Y/N wakes up the next morning and paces around with worry on her face. She hopes Luigi is okay and makes it back to Mario safely. Even though she's a guest of Bowser, she still feel like she's in prison as she's not aloud to leave until the king say so as the Koopa Troopa told her from the door.

She stops to hear the door opening and turns to see General Koopa. He clears his throat.

"The king wishes to see you."

Y/N nods and follows him as he leads her out of the room. Throughout the dark hallway, she sees portraits of Bowser as a child, to teenager, to adult where Bowser stands in all his glory. She then spots a few portraits where she sees different kinds of Koopas as they appear to be little kids. She wonders who they are until the General eventually leads Y/N into the dining room where there's a table with all sorts of food. At the end of the large table, Bowser was sitting and waiting, looking off to the side.

"Bowser," Y/n called out, getting the giant Koopa's attention.

"Y/n," Bowser said as he stood up. "Welcome," he said with a small smile.

The General bows to Bowser before leaving and closing the door behind Y/N.

"So... what's this about?" Y/n asked, nervous.

"I thought- well, we might catch up," Bowser said, stroking the back of his head nervously. "I mean, we do have a bit to catch up on," he offered. Y/n looked at him and smiled softly.

"Sure, that sounds lovely," Y/n accepted. Bowser smiled before he pulled out her seat.

"My lady," Bowser said, getting a chuckle out of the h/c girl. It wasn't long before the two fell into a peaceful conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As day gives way to darkness, their chat lasts longer than they had anticipated.

"How about we go and stretch our wings or limbs?", Y/N suggested with a hint of joke, getting up from her seat.

"G-Good idea!", Bowser shot up from his seat. He goes over to his Koopa Clown Car and hops on, making it float in the air.

Y/N was impressed by it. They approach the exit, as Bowser lets her go first like a gentleman.

She smiles and walks forward, spreading her purple wings out. The moonlight gave her wings a vibrant glow, much to his aweness.

Y/N glides out of the castle with Bowser following behind. She looks over her shoulder and cringes.

"Maybe you should rethink this entrance.", Y/N said. Y/N turns and accidentally bumps into a Piranha Plant.

She gasps, as the plant goes to swallow her whole if it weren't for Bowser rescuing her and covering its mouth. "Try thinking of this... as an adventure!", Bowser said, flying off.

Y/N looks back at the plant who growls at her. She smiles nervously and quickly flies after him.

"Nice plant.", Y/N said. They fly through the clouds, as they leave the flying fortress.

They eventually made it to the Dark Forest. Y/N stops and gasps to see giant cobwebs.

"Hey, how about we go back?", Y/N asked. Bowser then turns to her.