《 Chapter 9: The Great Battle of Kong 》

Mario, Peach, and Toad approaches the Jungle Kingdom gates. "You ready?", Peach asked.

"Eh... sure?", Mario questioned. Before Peach could knock on the door, they heard running footsteps and heavy breathes.

They turned and were shocked to see a running Luigi. Mario gets happy and rushes over to his brother.

"Lu!"

Luigi looks up and smiles.

"Mario!"

The two then embraced each other before pulling away.

"How did you get out? We were just looking for you! Wait, is Y/N here? Did she break you out? Where is she?"Mario asked, looking back to see if Y/N is behind Luigi. "I gotta give her a long talk about running off on her own without my acknowledgement."

This made Peach roll her eyes while smiling at the reunion along with Toad. Luigi stops smiling and looks down.

"She... took my place..." he said sadly.

Mario froze along with Peach and Toad.

"What?"

Luigi looks down with shame.

"She... fought against Bowser and tried to get me out. But they wouldn't let me go. So she... asked to take my place as his prisoner and free me, and he agreed and let me go just like that... I never got to see her again."

Mario couldn't believe it. Y/N is willing to sacrifice herself to free Luigi. Determined, he placed a hand on Luigi's shoulder, making him look up.

"We'll get her back. I promise. She would want us to keep moving forward and fight."

Luigi knows that Mario is right. Y/N promised that she'll see them again. He will repay her for saving him by doing the same thing.

"Let's save our sissy."

Mario nods and turns to Peach and Toad.

"Luigi, meet Princess Peach and Toad. Guys, this is my brother Luigi I was talking about."

Luigi shyly waves at them.

"Hello." he greeted.

Toad waves back.

"Hi!"

"Nice to meet you, Luigi." Peach nodded with a smile before turning serious. "If you what you said is true about Y/N, then we better do it now. The whole world is at stake. Knowing your sister, I'm sure she'll hold him off as she can."

"Great. So what do we do now? Where are we?" Luigi asked, looking around.

"We are in the Jungle Kingdom to seek an army."

Peach turns back to the door and knocks, the door opens then a Kong roars, causing Mario, Luigi, and Toad to scream in fear, and Peach to lean back.

Toad quickly hides behind Peach and then looks over at the Kong after he stops roaring. "Whaaaat?", Toad said, quietly.

"How you doin'?", Mario nervously greeted.

"N-Nice big monkey." Luigi gulped.

"We are here to see the king.", Peach said, standing straight.

Sports Coat Kong growls and gets close to Peach, who glares back and looks at him straight in the eyes. The Kong snorts and walks off.

"Follow me.", Sports Coat Kong said. "That gorilla's wearin' a sports coat.", Mario commented.