12. Promise?

Third Person POV :

A silver haired male was waiting in the black Mercedes outside a modern individual house looking elegant and luxurious on the corner of the peaceful street, his gaze never leaving the entrance of the house which the CEO of the Jeonfinity Solutions just entered about 10 minutes back. He has been following Seokjin since he got his information from Minho.

Just then, his phone vibrated with the name of the said male. "Yes, Minho! Did you find it?"

"Hmmm...What do you think?Yes? Or No?...Yes, ofcourse, I'm the great Minho afterall." He sighed frustratedly at the young hacker's gloating.

"Okay, Okay. No more jokes...The house is under the name of Jeon Jungkook, the only heir of the Jeon's. Looks like he is not interested in business...there are no records of him being involved in his family's business which is currently being managed by his parents and his cousin Seokjin. Ah...there was only one thing under him 'JK Publications'...he writes kid's stories....he is not social active...don't have many friends in any social apps. That's it."

"Thanks, dude."

"Anytime...call me if you need anything else."

"Is there a chance Taehyung is here?" He mumbled to himself after hanging up the call.

-------------------

Seokjin and Yoongi were in the kitchen cooking when Jungkook came back and were chatting with each other, almost whispering, which he assumed was not to scare Taehyung with their presence. And Jimin was nowhere to be seen.

He made his way to them and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge which took their attention. "Jungkook...is he okay?" The eldest of them asked in a hushed tone and Jungkook nodded.

Seokjin sighed in relief and Yoongi went back to his work. "He is sleeping now." Jungkook said after gulping half the bottle of water and turned to them.

"Did he hear us?" Yoongi asked not his attention still on chopping the vegetables.

Seokjin gasped when he finally looked at the younger's face and came to him. "What happened, Jungkook? Anything wrong?"

"Hmm...I don't think he heard us. He was just scared by seeing strangers....he is fine now." He answered both of them.

But Seokjin shook his head and asked as he cupped the younger's face "No, Jungkook...I am talking about you. What happened? Why are you crying?" Yoongi turned back and saw the tear stains on Jungkook's cheeks, the evidence of him crying all the time he was in the room watching the brunette.

"Huh?" He asked in confusion. Only then he realized that he had been crying. He admitted to himself that he was already connected to him so much that he couldn't tolerate the sight or even the thought of Taehyung being hurt. It hurts him too. He didn't know why. And he didn't feel the need to know the reason at that moment. He can just make him happy so he doesn't get hurt, right?

"Anything wrong, Jungkook?" Seokjin asked again, shaking his shoulder, to bring him back. He was taken aback when the younger hugged him and sobbed even more. "I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't notice him....He must have been so scared."

"You are crying because of that?" Seokjin asked in disbelief. He never saw Jungkook being so connected to anyone. He was already so surprised earlier to see him comforting Taehyung in such a way that he forgot to move and needed Yoongi to bring him back to reality.

"It's okay, Jungkook...it's not your fault. We didn't expect him to be there. You even said before that he never left the room." He tried to comfort him. But it only made him think of his mistakes more.