Ch 3

Karen's pov

Siena and I have been outside for almost an hour now because I was to scared to go back inside but if I tell her why she would think that I'm going crazy. Which by the way I kinda think that I am. I decided to wait until my grandma comes back from the store to go back inside with me because I'd feel a lot safer if she was inside with us.

"Karen, can we just please go back inside," Siena complains. She has been saying that for 15 minutes already.

"If you want to go back inside so bad, go inside I'll stay out here," I say getting fed up.

"Okay I'll wait for you inside then," She gets up and walks to the front door entering it. Right as she enters I see a car pulling into the driveway. I notice that its my grandma's old car pulling up. She gets out of the car with some groceries and I stand up to go help her.

"Thanks sweetheart," She smiles. The main reason I helped is so she could come inside quicker because I'm starting to get a bit hungry. She doesn't have too many bags which is good. "Are you hungry?"

"Yea." I answer. We both grab the bags and head inside together.

-11pm-

"Hey we should head upstairs its getting kinda late," Siena tells me from the couch. I nod and head up the stairs, Siena doing the same. I did feel sleepy so I might as well sleep now.

"Night," I say

"Night." Siena repeats.

We both walk into each of our rooms. I close the door behind me and go to my dresser to change into something a lot more comfortable. Once I'm changed I go straight to bed and turn off the lamp sitting on my nightstand and go to sleep instantly.

-

My eyes snap open to the sound of something moving around. It's pitch dark in here and the only thing I can see it the red numbers on my clock reading that it's 3:27am. I glance around the room and notice that the window are left open. That's weird I don't even remember opening it. Did I do it? I probably did but don't remember. I turn on the lamp and slowly stand up, walking over to close it.

I look out the window and see the backyard and right behind it is the creepy woods. I've sworn to never go back there again. I close the window and as soon as I do that I hear the floor creak. I immediately turn around and see absolutely nothing. I turn back around and close the curtains quickly. I walk back to my bed slowly while looking in all directions. I get on my bed and pull the covers back up.

A couple of minutes tick by and I still can't fall asleep again. I stand up and walk across the hall to Siena's room. The door is left open so I just walk in to see her sleeping. I don't want to wake her up so I leave. I was kinda hoping she was still awake, playing on her phone.

Instead of going back to my room I head downstairs. I have this odd feeling that I'm not alone here. But I'm probably wrong.