Ch 13

"What are you doing here?" Is the only sentence that comes out of my mouth when I saw him.

Why is he even here? Doesn't he have something else better to do rather than knowing what I'm doing all the time?

"Time for us to go, Karen." He speaks with no emotion in his voice and looking directly at me.

"I'm not leaving," I say and mean it. No way am I listening to him.

"Fine." He surprises me by taking a seat next to me.

What is he doing? Doesn't he know that's rude? Can't he see that I'm on a "date". Obviously he doesn't.

He puts his arm around my waist and brings me closer to him. I try to take his arm off me but he only tightens it more. I look over at Jack or Jake and he seems to be uncomfortable now that Matt is here.

"Hey I'm Jack Johnson," He introduces himself to Matt but he only nods not bothering to respond back. At least I know Jack's name now.

"Let's leave," I hear Matt say but his lips aren't moving. What?

"I'm talking inside your head now let's leave,"

What? No, you leave.

"Either we both leave or I'll make him leave," He threatens.

He threat sends chills down my whole body and my mind starts thinking of all the possible scenarios that he could do. Whatever Matt is thinking of doing to make Jack leave, I know I don't want that to happen so the best solution here is to just leave with Matt.

"Oh I just remembered that Matt and I have somewhere to be," I come up with a lame excuse.

"It's ok, do what you got to do. I'll pay." Jack is so understanding.

"I can give you some money-"

"No it's fine, I never let my date pay." Jack takes out his wallet.

"We're leaving now." Matt takes my hand dragging me out of the place, leaving some people to stare.

"What was that?" I wait until we are completely out of site from anyone to say.

"Did you just go on a date with someone?" He puts his hands together in front of him waiting for an answer.

"Well I wouldn't exactly call it a date..." I bite my bottom lip.

"But you had fun didn't you?" He asks.

"It was okay." I don't know why I feel bad but I do.

"I'll drive you back home," He demands more than asks.

"What's funny is that you couldn't even remember his name," Matt starts laughing and begins driving the way to my house. I laugh along with him because it is funny that I forgot his name so quickly.

"Stop reading my mind," I say once I stop laughing. I bet he still kept doing that even when I said it the first time.

"You'll never know when I am," He says and I feel completely invaded.

For the rest of the ride we sit in silence. I watch as the trees pass us by and Matt focusing on the road. I take a glance at Matt and he looks worried?

"Shit," I hear him mumble under his breath and I'm sure I wasn't meant to hear that.

"Is something wrong?" I ask worried. Please say no.

"I think we're in trouble," He keeps checking the side view mirror.

"What do you mean by 'we' and 'trouble'?"

"Well you see that car behind us." He points to the very expensive black suv behind us.

"Yea?"

"I gotta lose them. Looks like we'll be a little late," His eyes focused on the road and the car behind him.

Okay, when I left the house this is not what I imagined ended up doing. I left the house thinking I was going to go on a terrible date but ended being not so bad. Then I leave with Matt and apparently we're being chased by someone.

"Here drink this." Matt hands me a clear water bottle and focuses back on the road.

For being the dumb person that I am I do as he says and that's the last thing I remember.

...

I wake up with a pounding headache. I sat up from where I was laying... How did I get in this bed? Where am I? What happened last night?

"I'm sure you have a million questions but you're in my house because you past out," Matt leans against the door.

"How did I pass out?" I remember I was feeling fine we'll sort of. I'm not that kind of person that just passes out.

"From that water bottle I gave you,"

"Why would you do that?" I don't know what he put in it but why would he want me to pass out?

"Because I was protecting you. You're worth a lot." He says and I have no idea what he is talking about.