Ch 16

Karen's pov

"Do you know what that was?" I ask Matt. He looks like he's thinking of some lie to come up.

"Karen we need to get out. Now." He takes my arm, not answering my question as always.

"Where are you taking me?" I try my hardest to get off his grip, which doesn't work.

"Here, drink this." He hands me to what appears to be water. I do as he says without arguing back and I pass out immediately.

i wake up hours later in a dark room. I'm dehydrated and cold. Where am I?

¨Here drink this.¨ Someone turns on the light and I see Matt. Of course. ¨You're in my room¨ He says and takes his blanket to cover me. I take his drink that he gave me and almost drink it all. This time I know it was water.

¨Why am I here?¨ I look around his room. Everything here seems to be expensive.

¨I had to protect you babe,¨ He says with a smile. This boy just wont stop. I hope he never does.

¨And exactly what was it?¨ I know he wont answer me but its worth a try.

"I don't think you want to know." He looks down. I'm confused. Why would I ask if I didn't want to know?

"Look Matt I'm tired of your game. Just tell me now!" I put my water down and wait for an actually answer.

"Your demons have come for you," He looks up at me and the room suddenly goes cold.

"What does that mean?" I'm scared to even ask.

"I should take you home," He stands up and walks to the door. "Come on."

He drops me off at the front of the driveway. I was hoping he would come inside with me, I guess not. The sun is starting to come up so I make my way inside before my grandma wakes up. I go up to my room and thankfully everyone is still sleeping. I lay on my comfy bed and go back to sleep right away.

"Karen...Karen wake up." Someone shakes me, waking me up. "Karen wake up its late!" I open my eyes and see Siena.

"Finally you're awake! I've been so bored all day." She smile.

"What time is it?" I ask her.

"It's 6pm." She informs me and I freak out. How could I have slept that long?

"What? Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I quickly get up which causes me to get a head rush.

"I thought you were tired, sorry." She apologizes. "The good news is that I know someone is having a party!" She gets excited.

"Who?" I walk to the bathroom and Siena follows me.

"I don't exactly know him.. Or her but we were invited! Actually it's an open invite." She admits.

"I'm not going." I close the conversation.

"Oh come on Karen. It's summer! I don't want to not party on summer. That's like breaking a law! We have to go! Please!" She exaggerates. She does have a good point.

"Fine, what time is it?" I agree.

"Thanks! And it's going to start at 8 so get ready now!" She runs out of my room and starts getting ready. I bet she only woke me up so I could go with her.

I get in bed for a couple of minutes then actually start to get ready. I go take a quick shower and dry my long, wavy hair. I do my makeup and wrap a towel around me while I find something to wear. I look around my closet and I find nothing decent.

"Oh, did I come at the right time." I hear Matt behind me. I look over and of course he's on my bed.

I can feel his eyes going up and down my body covered in a small towel. Making me feel weak by the second.

"Get out," I demand.

"I'm good, thanks" He puts his arms behind his head to get a better view at me. Such a pervert.

"Seriously get out I'm trying to find something to wear." I turn back to my closet hoping he'd leave now.

"Let me help you," He gets up, walking to my closet. He picks out a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

"I'm going to a party," I inform him.

"Yea I know," He says like it's obvious.

"I'm not wearing that to a party." I look around my closet again and see the perfect dress. How did I know see this before!

"Something like th-" I turn to Matt but he's gone. Again.

I'm glad. Now I can change peacefully. The dress hangs on my body showing off everything and making me feel insecure about myself. I look in my closet for something else to wear.

"Karen you look great!" Siena opens the door and sees me.

"I don't know..."

"Karen you look amazing! Go like that." I take Siena's word and decide to go like this.