Ch 1

Karen's pov

"I know what we should do for summer!" I tell my friend Siena. We were both laying down on the couch because we didn't have any idea what to do now that school was finally over.

"How about we go to Starbucks because I'm in the mood for that," She sits up from the couch.

"Even better, we should take a road trip somewhere together!" I've always wanted to take a road trip out of the state. North Carolina was seriously the most boring state.

"Really? Where to," She questions me. I didn't think she would actually agree that fast so I had to think about it. "How about we just go visit your grandma for like the week?"

"Why would you want to visit my grandma?" I ask.

"Your grandma is the best cook and she basically lives in a mansion, why wouldn't you want to." She had a very good point and anything will be better than just sitting here and listening to my parents complain about everything that I don't do right.

"Yeah, I guess we should and instead of going there for just a week I can ask if we can stay there for the whole summer," I add.

"I'll go ask my parents if I can. This is going to be such a good summer!" Siena gets up from the couch and basically runs out the front door. She can be such a dork sometimes.

Now that Siena went to go ask already, I need to tell my parents that I'm going to my grandmas for the summer. Which they probably won't care that much since I'm only going to my grandmas and their are on business trips mostly all the time. That's what they get for being lawyers. But when they are home they insult me most of the time about how I'm not the perfect child and stuff. I also need to tell my grandma that I'm coming over with a friend.

I grab my phone and send her a quick text saying we will be driving all the way over there. She lives in Virginia which is only about three hours away from where I live. It's two in the afternoon which meant I should probably go and start packing my things that I need to go get.

- 9pm -

"This trip is going to be so much fun!" Siena squeals. "Did you tell your parents that you are going?"

"Uh no but I left a note on the kitchen counter saying that I did so I basically already did tell them," I huff. Plus they weren't even home so I couldn't and I didn't want to call them when their at work.

"Wow Karen the badass, I like it." I laugh at her response. And it's not like they would notice that I'm gone anyway.

"Okay well we better get going if we want to be there quicker," I put my bags in the backseat of the car and climb on the drivers seat.

"I'll drive for the first two hours and you can drive the rest of the way so if I were you I'd get all the sleep I can get." I tell Siena who is already in the passenger seat.

"All right but wake me up when you stop at a gas station."

"Okay I will." With that Siena is fast asleep. How do people even sleep in half a second? It takes me long than a second to go to sleep.

-

"We're here!" Siena wakes me up from my very short sleep. At least that what it seemed like.

"Ugh, what time is it?" I ask. Its dark out so I have no idea what time it is.

"It's one in the morning," She answers me. Now that I think of it why did we even decide to go at night? Too late now.

"Ughh, hurry up let's get inside because I really need sleep right now." We both get out of the car and start walking up the front porch without our stuff.

"Want to get our stuff in the morning?" Siena asks.

"Yea we don't need it right now but our phones."

✱✱✱
Yay! The first chapter is finally
done and I hope you liked it! Hope it wasn't to bad but it might get
better along the way when Matt
shows up. Bye for now!