☁︎02

Baek Dayeon had woken up earlier than usual to get to school early because she knew Riki usually would be there

Baek Dayeon had woken up earlier than usual to get to school early because she knew Riki usually would be there. For the past weekend, she had been thinking about whether it would be worth it. I mean, she had to try and have a decent conversation with Riki and just being his seatmate was already too much for her. 

She shrugged off her thoughts seeing the familiar school entrance. Not many people were here yet which was a good thing for her as there would be no witnesses in case she wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine or maybe accidentally hurt him, who knows? 

She took a deep breath before stepping into the classroom. Hopefully, this would all go smoothly and before she knew it, Harin and Taki would start dating. 

She put on a fake smile and chuckled awkwardly, putting down her bag on her seat. "Fine morning today, isn't it?" 

"What do you want," he grumbled, voice deeper than usual which caught her off guard. He sounded like he was having a bad morning. Maybe this was a bad idea after all. She reminded herself that she was doing this for her best friend and that she wanted to see her happy.

She cleared her throat before speaking up, "I'll just get straight to the point. And believe me, I really don't want this but because of certain circumstances, I figured that this is the only way—"

Dayeon was rudely interrupted by a very loud and exaggerated yawn from Riki. He had closed his notebook and turned to face her. "I'm sorry, I was getting sleepy from all your yapping," 

She was about to reply with a witty insult but bit her tongue. She put on another smile and shared, "I'm gonna say this in the very most simple words so your pea-sized brain can understand. We need to work together for both of our friends," 

It took Riki a moment to register what she meant. He then remembered the promise he made to his fellow friend, Taki about his crush on Jung Harin. Of course, he'd never break that promise intentionally. He looked at Dayeon confusedly, as if he had no idea what she was talking about.

Dayeon saw this coming, she knew he'd probably pretend not to know but was firm in her decision. "I already know he likes her and—"

He cut her off. "What makes you think Taki likes Jung Har—"

Riki instantly shut his mouth upon hearing what he, himself was saying but it was too late. Dayeon didn't even say any names yet he mentioned Harin.

"Aha! I knew I was right," A little smirk made its way to her face and he sighed in defeat. 

"N-not that he actually likes her. I just—"

"Too late. Now that we both are on the same page, we should do something about it." 

"Why should we?" he groaned in annoyance and she gave him a look. He knew the reason why. They were both too much of a wuss to ask each other out. He then looked at her suspiciously, "What's in it for you though? Are you trying to get some revenge on me or something?"