☁︎16

Baek Dayeon finally managed to find a balcony, which took a considerable long time since this mansion seemed to have like fifty of it

Baek Dayeon finally managed to find a balcony, which took a considerable long time since this mansion seemed to have like fifty of it. She was grateful to find one that wasn't occupied by teenagers that were making out or possibly doing something more.

She spent about 20 minutes, taking deep breaths as she collected her thoughts— this night had just begun yet it was already too eventful for her. She was starting to feel worn out, checking her phone for any messages from Harin, wondering when she' d be done.

But she was glad she managed to get away from those two for a while. Call it overthinking, but it seemed like whenever she was with them, chaos would ensue. Sure, nothing has happened yet but she really didn't want to stick around to find out.

She wondered why they suddenly disliked each other. If she remembers correctly, they became quite good friends after being introduced by Taki. 

Dayeon was interrupted from her thoughts hearing a notification from her phone. It was a text from Harin asking where she was. She sighed in relief, taking that as a sign that she could finally leave so she could go home and rest in the comfort of her own bed.

However, when she spotted her dear friend, she immediately noticed the sly smile on her face. Dayeon's initial thought was that something finally happened between those two lovebirds. About time, she figured.

What she did not expect was for Harin to excitedly suggest they join the others in a game. Specifically, 7 Minutes in Heaven .

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me, right," she chuckled in disbelief.

Harin half-heartedly rolled her eyes. "Come on, when's the last time you played this?"

"Uhh, never?"

"Exactly! We never come to these parties anyway, but now that we're here, might as well get the full experience," Harin grinned, wiggling her eyebrows teasingly. "Who knows when's the next you'll come out of your cave and live like a normal teenager,"

"Your mouth is moving but I don't know why," she mentioned, eyes scanning the crowd for someone. A teasing smile then made its way to Dayeon's face. "If you wanted to kiss Taki that bad—"

She couldn't even finish her sentence because Harin had covered her mouth, whispering a very loud "Shhh!".

She laughed at her friend's rather dramatic reaction, as Harin's cheeks turned a shade of rosy.

Dayeon was rather reluctant about Harin's idea. Why would she involve herself in these cliché situations? Especially since it includes smooching stinky, immature boys her age. She knew she was way too old to be believing in cooties but she was pretty sure some of the boys in her school had them, and other worse bacterial organisms in them or something. 

Additionally, she hasn't even had her first kiss yet— if you ignore the half-kiss thing that happened with Riki.

She always dreamed of her first kiss to be with her first boyfriend, which has yet to happen. A perfect yet magical experience. Something out of a fairy tale. She knew it was probably impossible as the males in this generation would rather play around than pursue something meaningful, but a girl can dream, right?