☁︎07

Baek Dayeon let out a small yawn, looking over to her watch before the library door, searching for someone

Baek Dayeon let out a small yawn, looking over to her watch before the library door, searching for someone. She was perfectly fine with ignoring Riki for the next few days after everything that happened in that track field, not that she had anything else to say to him other than to curse him for taking the spot on the track team. 

But then, Riki suggested they meet in the library to plan the next step for Harin and Taki. Oh, the things she did for her best friend to be happy. She figured she should just get this over with, the faster she dealt with it, the faster the results would come. 

And since their teacher was absent today, it meant they had a free lesson. Meeting in the library looked like the best option since they couldn't talk about it in class, wary in case anyone else, especially Harin or Taki heard of their plan.

She could feel her patience wearing thin as she clenched her fists. Just then, a rather familiar voice caught her attention. "Dayeon?"

Upon looking behing to see who it was, a timid smile made its way to her face. "Oh, hello,"

She mentally cursed at herself for sounding so awkward. Yuma pulled the empty chair beside her and sat on it. Over the past few days, Yuma and her had been talking a lot more. From random small talks in the school hallways or greeting each other whenever the other passed by. 

She was obviously thrilled to see that her crush had become a friend of some sort. She found it hilarious how Riki jinxed himself when talking about how Yuma would never notice her. It seemed like a humorous coincidence to her. Or was it? 

The boy asked, "You don't have class?"

Dayeon shook her head as a 'no'. "He's not here today, so we have a free class."

He nodded his head hearing her reply. He noticed how impatient she seemed, her legs bouncing up and down as she looked over to her watch once again. "Waiting for someone?"

"Mhm, Nishimura Riki," she said with a sigh, rolling her eyes just hearing his name. Yuma chuckled seeing her so irritated. He knew of their minor dislike towards each other and found it somewhat amusing.

"You guys have a project together?" he questioned. Knowing their dislike for each other, he knew they wouldn't voluntarily interact with one another unless it was for schoolwork or something. 

"Nope, we're gonna—" Dayeon immediately stopped herself, remembering that this was supposed to be strictly confidential. Not one person other than them should know about it, especially because some teenagers these days can't seem to keep their mouths shut. That combined with their inability to mind their business was already a recipe for disaster. 

Yuma raised his eyebrows, wondering why she stopped mid-sentence. "Gonna?"

"Discuss?" said Dayeon but it sounded like a question instead. She furrowed her eyebrows, trying to make her lie sound believable, "Discuss stuff, very important stuff,"