#_12

"supp! what're you talking about? hey! wait up, i know i'm right! you're talkin' about a fight, right?! i can tell from the vibe

"supp! what're you talking about? hey! wait up, i know i'm right! you're talkin' about a fight, right?! i can tell from the vibe." chifuyu predicted, the three of them paused, "nope. i was asking him how to make you taller." ryusei teased, "what?! for real. don't talk about stuff like that! and y/n is shorter than me!" she putted on a murdering face.

"we're talking about my buddy kazutora." y/n gasped when she heard the familiar name, "oh, right... i haven't really told you about him, huh? it happened... about this time last year." he explained the story as y/n remembered shinichiro, biting her lip as she got goosebumps.

"i knew i had to tell you guys someday... but i didn't want to burden you guys with it." chifuyu trembled, both of them wanted to say something but chifuyu moved his lips first. 

"you buddy! that sounds so cool...! i was so moved by the way you talked about him! i wanna meet someone i can call a buddy myself someday!" he childish balled his fists. 

[💌]

"hey, chifuyu... how many bowls is that now? your refills." he asked, as y/n cleared her bowls away. "three." the blond slurped his noodles, "so goood!" he complimented, "you're the only one... who's so blind when it comes to keisuke-kun. i was a bit worried you'd be shocked after hearing what he told you earlier. well... even though it wasn't directly his fault... it's not like he doesn't bear any responsibility for it."

"that's 'cause i already knew about it." ryusei paused, "who do you think teaches him how to write? i basically figured it out from his letters. mikey-kun's brother isn't coming back. i figured it was a horrible accident."

"why did you pretend not to know?" 

"baji-san... was carrying everything himself. if it were me, it would've crushed me. but he carries everything... while trying to move forward. learning about the accident... it made me think about things again."

y/n leaned forward, resting her chin on her palms, "that no matter what happens... baji is still baji." her lips curved into a smile, she told them. the two were silent for a second, "chifuyu, you didn't pretend to not know for any special reason. you just wanted to lift the weight off baji's shoulder a little if you could. that's all."

"hehe..." ryusei chuckled, "what the heck are you laughing for, you ass? it's fine, isn't it? it's not like i could think of anything else to do." 

"it's not that... i felt the same way." ryusei stared into y/n's orbs. "we get along every so often, don't we... buddy?" ryusei placed his arms over the blond's shoulder, "wha?"

"i will never be your buddy." he protested, "whaaaat? don't be so mean!" 

"if i ever meet someone i'd call a buddy i'd get, like... all tingly! yeah, for sure!! just like when baji-san helped me! i never feel that way about you! not a single tingle!!" he picked up his chopsticks.

she cheekily laughed, swinged her legs. "all tingly? you got a crush or somethin'?" she joked, ryusei teased him about it as well, but he kept noticing the blond's eye going back to y/n. welp, he'll tease him about it later.

'tch, whatever, just watch chifuyu, i'll for sure make you call me your buddy and confess that one day!'