Chapter 17- In the hospital

Chapter 17- in the hospital

**Authors note** hi guys, this is back to Kayla's P.O.V. :)

I could hear sounds and movement around me, yet I couldn't make out exactly what was happening. Then I heard a very familiar voice.

"Luke...?" I could just about get the word out of my mouth. I slowly opened my eyes and they adjusted to the light. Then, sitting right by my bedside, I saw Luke.

"Kayla! You're awake! What happened last night? You know what, that doesn't matter. I'm just so glad you're ok. Come here beautiful" and he leaned in for a kiss but as he got closer, I suddenly turned my head to the side, making his lips kiss my check instead. I couldn't kiss him. Not after I had betrayed him.

Luke pulled back. He looked confused and sad. I don't think I've ever seen him like this before.

"Ok Kayla. Look, I'm really sorry if I've done something to offend you or hurt you but please believe that I would never intentionally want to hurt you. I love you. But where you avoiding me yesterday? And what about just now? Please tell me if you're angry with me. I swear I'll make it up someway or another."

Luke was apologising to me. And yet I should've been the one apologising to him.

"Luke," my voice was trembling "please stop. You haven't done anything wrong. I should be the one apologising to you." By now I could barely speak. Tears were starting to make their way down my face.

"What are you talking about? You're probably confused since you've been lifeless since yesterday evening."

"No Luke. I know what I'm talking about. The reason I should be apologising to you is because...well...the other night, at the party, Beau kissed me."

Luke looked like he was going to explode. I was almost scared of him...

"IM GOING TO KILL THAT BASTARD!" Luke stood up out of his chair and was about to head out of the door when a Doctor blocked the doorway.

"Oh Miss Ives, you're awake! It looks like you've been unconscious since...yesterday evening. Hmm you fainted."

"Yes I know because I was cutting ok? I know it was stupid but-"

"Well not quite, Miss Ives. It says here, on my analysis, that you fainted because...you're pregnant."