Chapter 1 - The Proposal - Part 1

It started off as another day for Dipper, waking up at 10am, weekend time so he wouldn't have to worry about being late for classes. Calling up his girlfriend, Pacifica Northwest, to see how she's doing. Then joining her for breakfast at the Portland diner. The semester was over in two months and he knew it was the appropriate time to schedule another date for that night. Except, he'd been planning this particular date for weeks now.

"Morning Dip!" Pacifica waved upon seeing him. She urged him to come join her and his sister Mabel at their table.

"Morning, Paz." Dipper sighed happily. He sat down across from her and adjacent to his twin sister.

"Sooo how was your sleeping in?" Pacifica asked cheerfully and a little teasingly.

"Best sleep I had in ages. How was yours?" Dipper responded. He leaned in and rested his head on his knuckles dreamily, not in a sleepy way, but in a swoon way. He felt that way upon seeing that beautiful, blonde rich girl everyday.

"Mine was pretty good. I have to admit, it was also one of my best night sleeps in recent time." She answered back. Mabel needed to be a part of this conversation despite Dipper and Pacifica being a couple. "Couple of dorks" is what Mabel would think.

"Y'know. You guys have been together for what, a year? Geez. You two need to take it up a notch or hit the road cuz I don't want to be the third wheel of a three-wheel off-roader." Mabel admitted. The statement made Dipper shoot up straight in his chair and blush a deep red.

"M-Mabel? What do you mean by 'take it up a notch'?" He asked. His voice signifying how nervous he was to have that mentioned. Pacifica herself blushed. She had a better understanding of what Mabel meant and hoped Dipper considered it.

"You guys are the cutest couple and are meant for each other! You gonna let it slide like it's 'just some relationship', or are you gonna actually step it up?" Mabel corrected herself. Pacifica blushed deeper.

"Dipper?" She looked into his wide eyes. She really hoped he was thinking about doing what his sister said instead of chickening out and just keeping it where they are.

This was not the place or the time to bring that up. He had a plan and needed the rest of the day until that night to ask her... "I'm sorry. I'm just....a little confused. Maybe we could talk about it more at dinner? Tonight?" Dipper finally answered them both. "Oh and I kinda want it to just be us, Mabel." He said before she could open her mouth.

"Oh ok. I'm never with you guys on your dates anyway but yeah. You better discuss that or I'll slug you!" Mabel said. Her words cheered herself up at the thought of punching him. She would if he did that, er...didn't do that for Pacifica.

"Ok yeah. I'm ok with that. Dinner. Tonight. What are the details?" Pacifica said. She was hoping this "dinner" would sort their situation out and make everyone happy. But why so late? Why not now? Why not at least at lunch?

"Oh. Well. It'll be at Mountaine Oasis at 6 and I'll pick you up for it at 5:55 sharp." Dipper answered all he could without giving anything away or being too specific or vague.

"That's my favorite restaurant!" Pacifica said excitedly. "So the reservation is at 6?"

"It is?" Dipper asked dumbly. "Exactly." He answered her to be sure. Mabel looked at him funny as he secretly scratched off a part of his list for the day.

"Hey Pacifica. I know it's a little mean but could you grab our food? I need to talk to Dipper." Mabel said turning to her. Shortly before, the employee announced their number indicating their food was ready.

"Oh no, you're fine. I'll let you guys talk but be quick. It's not that far a walk from here to the counter." Pacifica reassured. She got up quickly and walked to get their food after blowing a kiss to Dipper.

Mabel waited until Pacifica was far enough. "Dipper Pines!" She protested. "What are you doing?!" She tried to grab the list from his pocket over the table.

"Ow! Mabel!" Dipper fought her back. "It's part of my plan!"

"To what? Show off another endless date for your GIRLFRIEND?!" Mabel said, emphasizing the word "girlfriend" very strongly. "Those overly complicated listy things never worked! You got this far by just being yourself, Dip." She said more calmly.

"Mabel! No! This isn't just another date, ok? I'm.....I'm gonna propose to her tonight." Dipper admitted. Mabel sat back in awe then her smile grew huge.

"You don't need help from a list. You need help from the Love Goddess." Mabel said enthusiastically. "Oh who am I kidding?! You're gonna propose to her!" She leapt over the table and hugged him tight.

Dipper gasped and anxiously hugged her back. "I need the secret to last until tonight. I'm gonna propose to her at night. Yes. But I have it all planned out perfectly. Not just fitting my demands, but more importantly, hers. It's her day, and I'm gonna give her the best day ever."

Mabel pulled back into her seat. "I'm sure you will. You never mess up with her. You have with everyone else but Pacifica really loves you, Dip." Pacifica was walking back to them now.

She plopped the food tray in the middle of the table and sat down. "Bon appetite." She said tiredly. "So what'chou guys talking about over here?" She turned to Dipper and smirked.

"Oh nothing. We'll talk about it later." Dipper answered as best he could. This was going to be a long day.

"So what should we do first?" Pacifica asked.