Chapter 10 - Celebration

The shuttle finally landed back in Seattle. A crowd of agents stood by and cheered as the heroes returned. Kronos' gurney was the first to be brought out. People cheered for him as they wheeled him to the doctor. He managed a smile as he passed them.

Rory and Ty followed him close behind. People cheered and wanted handshakes from them both. Some people made angry faces at Ty for stealing a jet. He stayed close behind Rory. "Don't mind them. You did what you had to do." She told him.

Next was Stanley and the soldiers then Dipper, Soos, and Wendy. "Hey Soos." Wendy told him as they walked. "That was pretty awesome sniping, man." He smiled and marched triumphantly.

The crowd cheered loud at them. Wendy smiled at how embarrassed Dipper got from all the attention. They made their way through the crowd of agents cheering them on all the way to the monitor center where Mabel and Mermando were kissing and Pacifica threw her arms around Dipper, smothering him in her kisses. "Aw. I missed you too.....Where's Markus?" Dipper asked with blushed cheeks.

"I had Soos' wife take him down to Kronos first when he arrived in the medical center." She said. Dipper smiled.

"Kronos really does need Markus right now." He said. "Oh, honey. Wendy offered me a job here. I want to take it but I want your input. It's got a little more pay than my last one and I have as many hours as my last job. Can I do it? Please?"

Pacifica looked at him and thought about it. "Ok. As long as you're around a lot!" She scolded him. "Oh, and don't ever do anything like that again." She hugged him tighter.

"Ok. Ok. I won't I promise." Dipper said chuckling. He thought it was awkward where they were and kinda cliché since Mabel and Mermando were already doing it, but he just loved Pacifica not to. He pulled her in and kissed her. She closed her eyes and kissed him back.

"We need an x-ray. We have to check if there's no internal bleeding." A doctor said. Rory handed him the stuff he needed. She had a way with medics. Ty was her assistant and grabbed anything she needed and applied it to Kronos who was lying in a bed shirtless with bruises all over his body. A dried blood spot sat on his shoulder. Smaller cuts lined his face. Soos' wife, Melody, came in carrying Markus. Their children stayed back to await their father, Soos.

Kronos opened his eyes upon sensing Markus' presence. "Hey there, bud." Markus looked at him and made a little noise of joy as spit bubbles popped on his lips. "Aw. I missed you too." He said.

Melody smiled and stood by his side so he could see Markus. "Is it ok if I hold him?" He asked the doctors then Melody.

"Yeah. Sure!" She said but waited for the doctors. Rory said he should be fine while the doctor went with that. Kronos smiled as he was handed the little infant.

Markus smiled and snuggled into Kronos' chest. "I don't know if I'd be as ok as I am right now if you weren't here." He told the baby. He lifted Markus up to his face until they were both inches apart.

He smiled as Markus signified that he wanted to be lowered. Kronos hesitantly lowered him on to his chest. Markus nuzzled into him and became very sleepy. "You're gonna grow up to be a great man. But for now, I gotta be there to protect you. No offense to your parents....but they need it." Markus fell fast asleep against him. Dipper and Pacifica came down to see their baby and guardian angel.

"Aww. Dip, look!" She said excitedly. Dipper smiled and sat down next to Kronos' bed. Pacifica sat next to him, eyeing Markus asleep on his chest.

"You've got a soft spot, Kronos." Dipper smirked.

"We all do." He reassured Dipper.

"Hey. If there was anything me or my wife said before about you....we're very sorry." He said with Pacifica agreeing.

"It's alright. I expected it to happen because I'm saying I'm an angel to protect you...but I look ugly as crap." Kronos said. "But it makes up in this little guy. That, and being the Pines family guardian."

"Again. We're proud to be your chosen family. We're so proud of you fighting for us and the world. We're so proud to call you a Pines." He said.

"Welcome to the family, Kronos." Pacifica said smiling. "Is it alright if I take Markus back?"

"Thank you. Oh yeah, sure. He needs a real bed." He said picking Markus up off his chest and handing him to Pacifica. He grunted and nuzzled back to sleep into her and she gave Kronos a kiss on the cheek. Dipper walked over and hugged his family.

"Take care, big guy." Dipper said as they walked out. "We're looking forward to seeing you protect our family again soon."

Rory smiled at them. "I love being a part of this family, don't you?" She asked Kronos.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do." He said smiling. He yawned and soon dozed off. Ty guided her out as the doctor dismissed them. The director himself walked up to Ty.

"Excuse me, Tyrone. You were on that battlefield in St. Louis. You stole a million dollar jet and flew it straight into the Gateway arch. And.....you did a good job with it all. It could use some work, but good job."

"Director?" Ty asked very confused.

"Yes?" He asked back.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, you snuck past one of the best intelligence agencies in the world, stole and flew a high-tech jet and ended up right in the middle of the fight. You ended up helping more than damaging. But you had a few flaws, crashing, missing your targets, and disobeying orders." The director said.

"I'm very confused right now, sir." Ty said. The director looked at him with serious eyes.

"You could be an agent." He said then walked away.

Rory smiled and hugged him. "You should take the job, baby!"

"I don't know. I'm not a spy." Ty protested.

"Don't worry. If I can be an angel, you could be an agent." She kissed his cheek and didn't break the hug.

"Those are two very different things. Plus, you're great at anything you do." Ty said.

"That's where you're wrong, bab-" She bumped back. "Ow."

Ty's face dropped. "Oh. I'm so sorry."

"No no no. It's not you...." Rory said. She put her hands on her stomach.

"I.....I think I'm pregnant."

END OF BOOK ONE