Chapter 9

The first couple of months back at Hogwarts had been good ones. Violet had settled back in with little to no effort, and was for the fifth year in a row the top student in most of her classes. She found learning magic so effortless and enjoyable that it didn't feel like school to her at all. She hadn't had any more romantic encounters with Fred, which did weigh heavy in the back of her mind, but she kept herself distracted with other things.

She was still obviously incredibly close with the twins, and had been spending a lot of time creating new inventions with them. She tried to encourage them to fuel most of their energy into this now, as she knew there was a very fine line with them between a good prank and expulsion. During their time back, they had created the Ton-Tongue toffees which would cause the consumers tongue to swell to a massive size, which was hilarious and surprisingly useful. They had also invented Canary Creams, which would transfigure the consumer into a huge canary for a short period of time. Another hilarious invention which they got endless amounts of joy from testing them on themselves and other unsuspecting students.

It was a blustery November morning outside as Violet and Daphne strolled down to the great hall for breakfast. Fred, George and Lee had all left about 30 minutes prior to get a hearty breakfast in preparation of the quidditch game today. The girls had taken the extra time to get themselves ready. Violet had curled her long, dark brown hair and even applied some light eyeliner and mascara to enhance her eyes. She had opted to wear one of Fred's old quidditch jersey's that was way too big for her, to show her support for Gryffindor; along with a pair of black skinny jeans; black converse; a black beanie; and her long black puffer jacket that went all of the way down to her calves. There was a lot of things Violet could tolerate, but being cold was not one of them. Daphne was wearing one of George's old quidditch jerseys, so that the girls could match, however she had tucked it into a pair of denim mom jeans and paired it with a white trench coat and a pair of white air force 1s. She had tied her blonde hair into a slicked back bun, which framed her delicate features perfectly.

"Woah ladies, looking beautiful this morning." Lee commented, as the girls joined them at the table. They were already deep into their piled plates of fry ups.

"Thank you Lee!" Daphne grinned, as she began putting food on her plate. Violet just smiled gratefully at the boy.

"How are you both feeling about the game?" She asked Fred and George as she picked up a slice of toast and whacked a serving of scrambled egg on top of it.

"Pretty good." The twins answer unanimously.

"The weather's clearly not on our side though." George said, gesturing his head to the window. Violet watched as heavy rain pelted at it.

"You would have thought they'd have called it off, bad conditions and all." Fred added, shovelling a fork of bacon into his mouth.

Once the five of them had finished breakfast, they made their way to the quidditch pitch together chatting about their predictions for the upcoming game. Obviously they all predicted that Gryffindor would win, as they'd consider it slander to go with Ravenclaw. Violet had high hopes for the team nonetheless, Gryffindor normally had no issues with beating Ravenclaw. Once they had reached the pitch, Lee went to the his designated tower for commentating, and Fred and George made their way to the changing rooms. Violet had given them both a big hug and wished them luck, before her and Daphne found some seats next to Ron and Hermione in the stands.

"I'm glad it's not me out there." Daphne remarked, as they waited for the game to begin. The weather had picked up even more now, the rain ferociously teeming down on the crowd and even some claps of thunder and lightening.

"I second that." Violet replied, "I'd rather drink dragons piss than fly a broom in this." She added, making Daphne chuckle.

The game soon began with Madame Hooch releasing the different types of enchanted balls.