Chapter 31

12 Grimmauld Place was once a grand and luxurious townhouse, however the years had not been kind to it. The Weasley's, Violet and Sirius Black had been working avidly to get it into a better state for that past week and the difference was only slightly noticeable. However, Hermione had joined the group on the fifth day of Violet's stay at Grimmauld, and that's when the real progress had begun. Turns out, not only was Hermione Granger intelligent and kind, but she also had an abundance of cleaning hacks up her sleeve.

Violet had been nervous to meet Sirius, having heard so much about him in stories from Harry, Hermione and Ron, but the pair instantly clicked. Between him, Violet and the twins, Mrs Weasley didn't have a moment of peace between inappropriate jokes and pranks. For some reason, Sirius had a way of making Violet feel at ease. Although she barely knew the man, she knew she could trust him.

"There's a meeting tonight, very private, all of the children must be upstairs by 7pm." Molly had insisted at lunch that day, and was outraged when she entered the dining room and found all of them sat at the table along with Sirius, Remus Lupin, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Alastor Moody.

"I said no children!" Molly hissed, "Upstairs, all of you!" She insisted, Arthur nodding his head behind her.

"But mum!" Ron and Ginny cried out in unison.

"No! I won't hear it, you are underage and I am your mother, you will go up to bed! That goes for all of you!" She snapped. Ron, Ginny and Hermione all looked furious, but stood up and made towards the exit anyhow. "You too." She stated, narrowing her eyes at Violet, Fred and George.

"We're not underage, mum! We're old enough to decide." Fred argued. He wasn't wrong, the twins and Violet were all 17 now and were allowed to use magic outside of Hogwarts, Fred and George had even passed their apparition tests and were allowed to do so at will. Violet had not been allowed to take the test due to her pregnancy, however would be taking it in September.

"I don't care how old you are! What we discuss in this meeting does not concern you!"

"Doesn't concern us? We've got a bloody child on the way! I want- I need- to know whats happening in the world that we're bringing her into! We all know these meetings are about Voldemort-"

"Fred!" Arthur hissed,

"No! We all know what these meetings are about, even Ginny! You might be our mum, but we want to know everything we can! I killed a Death Eater, so did Violet! We're as entitled to be here as anyone!" Fred said heatedly, his cheeks burning.

"I said no!" Molly shrieked. The room fell silent.

"I agree with them." Sirius stated, earning a furious glare and huff from Molly.

"As do I." Kingsley stated. "Fred and Violet have targets on their backs, both from their closeness to Harry and their own actions. They're of age. It should be their decision."

"Fine!" Mrs Weasley hissed, looking close to tears. Violet felt a pang of guilt. "George, upstairs."

"No." George replied, firmly.

"You are not expecting a child, and you have not killed. Upstairs."

"I said no." George answered. "I might not be the father, but I'll protect Violet and my niece with my life. If they're staying, so am I."

The argument was interrupted by a gushing noise from the hallway and muffled talking, before the door swung open to announce the arrival of Tonks and Dumbledore.

"Tonks!" Violet cried out, standing abruptly from her chair and rushing to the woman who had baby pink, shoulder length hair.

"Vi!" Tonks replied, rushing over to the girl and clamping her arms around her tightly. "Oh my... Look at you!" She murmured, letting go to survey Violet's large stomach. "You're glowing. I couldn't believe the news when I heard!"