Chapter 32

"Morning, Freddy." George grinned, planting himself in the chair beside his twin at the dining table.

"Morning, Georgey." His brother replied, sending back a tired grin. Over the past week, Fred had learnt that fatherhood was quite the tiring task, and the dark circles around his eyes proved it. He was currently trying to soothe a very grizzly Wren back to sleep.

"Is that... A grey hair I can see?" George teased, nudging Fred with his elbow. Fred glared at him. "Just kidding! Here, let her favourite uncle take her." He said, holding out his arms. Fred passed the tiny bundle over to his brother, and her crying ceased.

"How did you do that?" Fred snapped, furrowing his brow angrily. He tried his best to not feel offended, but couldn't quite manage it.

"She can probably tell you're stressed. They say baby's can tell, you know? Or is that dogs?"

Fred let out a large sigh in response, watching as his brother gently rocked his daughter back to sleep.

"Don't let it get to you, Freddy."

"How can I not let it bloody get to me? Violet can soothe her in seconds, and mum, and even you! I'm her dad for Godric's sake, why does she hate me?"

"She doesn't hate you, darling." Violet said, ducking through the door in his pyjama bottoms and a stained, oversized top that she'd fallen asleep in yesterday. Violet wrapped her arms around Fred's shoulders, pressing kisses affectionately against his cheeks.

"What are you doing up? I brought her downstairs so that you could get some rest." Fred replied, turning to grab Violet around her waist and pulling her into his lap. She giggled softly, her back relaxing against his chest as his arms wove around her, his hands settling across her stomach.

"I've rested, promise." She said, stroking Fred's hands softly. "If you're not opposed to the idea though, I'd love to go and have a shower while she's sleeping."

"Of course, love, you go." He smiled, kissing the nape of her neck gently.

"Why don't you go as well, Freddy? I don't know when your last shower was, maybe that's why she cries when you hold her." George winked.

"I can't, what if she-"

"Her Uncle George has her, she'll be fine." Violet stated, grabbing his hand tightly. Fred reluctantly followed her as she tugged him towards the door.

"If you need anything, shout and I'll come straight back." Fred stated.

"We'll be fine." George grinned.

"What if she really just doesn't like me?" Fred asked Violet as they entered the bathroom and she begun to undress.

"It's been a week, Freddy. She's just in that difficult stage. I promise she likes you." Violet answered. "Now, are you going to join me in the shower, or are you going to stand there and think about the baby?"

Fred looked at Violet who now stood naked in front of him, smiling slightly as he scanned her body.

"What a ridiculous question." He smirked, pulling his t-shirt over his head. The two climbed into the steamy shower together. "Sorry. I'm just worried. I go back to Hogwarts next week and I'm not ready to leave you, or her. What if she doesn't remember who I am when I come back?"

"Who could ever forget Fred Weasley?" Violet smiled, grabbing a sponge and gently washing his body with it.

"I don't want to go, I'm going to miss you so much." Fred sighed, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her flush against him.

"I'm going to miss you too." She replied, standing on his tiptoes and pressing her lips against his. She leaned her forehead against his, closing her eyes. "Just this last year, and then we never have to be apart again. We can open the joke shop, and we'll all live together. You, me, George and Wren. We'll wake up early and have breakfast together, and then I'll get one of those baby carrier things that muggles have so that I can strap Wren to me and work the till. Then after work we can go for walks, and you and George can teach Wren how to fly one of those baby brooms. And we can take her to the park. And then in the evening we'll have tea together and put her to bed-"