Chapter 28

Violet

Violet shivered as she started to come around, opening her eyes abruptly and trying to stand from the hard, metal chair she'd been put in; but she couldn't move. Her wrists had been tied tightly behind her and her legs bound to the legs of the chair.

"Kind of you to wake up, Miss Trelawney." A snide voice said from behind her, that Violet didn't recognise.

"Who are you? What the fuck's going on?" Violet snapped, her voice hoarse and scratchy in her throat.

"Now that's no way to talk to your godfather." The voice replied smugly, as the man walked around to stand in front of Violet. She furrowed her brow as she saw Moody in front of her.

"You're not my godfather." She hissed, trying as hard as she could to escape from her restraints.

"Oh, but I am." He grinned viciously, "And there's no point trying to escape. You'll only hurt yourself, the manacles are made of iron so your magic won't work either." He knelt down in front of her, cupping her chin in his hand.

"Don't touch me!" She screamed, trying to thrash out of his grip but he only tightened it, surely leaving a bruise.

"You've actually woken up at a perfect time, the Polyjuice's effect is wearing off." He stated, and forced her to look at him as his face started contorting into another.

"Y-You're not Moody!" Violet stated in shock, watching as he turned into a much more slender looking man. He licked his lips forebodingly.

"You're not as smart as you are pretty." He stated, pushing her head back and pressing his tongue against her neck. Violet screamed as hot tears fell from her eyes. "Delicious." He smirked, pushing her chin back so hard it hurt her neck.

"P-please, please let me go... I won't tell anyone that you're not Moody." She sobbed, her chest heaving with each cry.

"I can't let you go. You made sure of that when you killed my best friend." He growled, "Barty Crouch, it's lovely to finally meet you, Violet."

"As in the minister of magic?"

"Obviously not, he's my father."

"Barty Crouch's son is dead. I read it in The Prophet."

"Oh yes, the ever so reliable Prophet." He laughed. "Honestly Violet, I thought you'd be smarter than this having Nott blood running through those veins."

"Nott blood?"

"Your father. I knew that wretch of a mother never told you. Your father, my best friend... Was called Bancroft Nott. And you murdered him!" He yelled, grabbing a glass from his desk and smashing it against the wall.

"My mother would never sleep with a Death Eater!"

"Your mother is a useless, desperate whore! She fawned after him when she was your age, you know? Followed him everywhere. She was obsessed. Pathetic really, we all knew it. Including Bancroft. She knew what he was, and she opened her legs for him anyway. Begged for it, from what I heard. Then she got knocked up, and Bancroft moved on to Elena. Elena was a beautiful witch. Powerful. But then she got knocked up too, and Bancroft couldn't stand a used woman. You're lucky really, at least he let your mother live once he was finished with her. The same can't be said for Theodore's mother."

"Theodore..." Violet gasped, "Theodore Nott's my brother?"

"There we are, not as stupid as I thought. Yes, Theodore is your brother."

"Does he know?"

"Of course not, the only people that knew Bancroft's secret were myself, Lucius and the Dark Lord."