03

Word Count: 3,100

I handed the lunchbox to Sana, eyeing her suspiciously as she remained focused on her computer screen, seemingly oblivious to my presence. Clearing my throat, I tried to get her attention.

Finally, she looked up and graciously accepted the lunchbox, a smile playing on her lips.

"So, you're really not going to tell me who's been feeding me this food?" I asked, my suspicion evident in my tone.

"As far as I know, you've been the one preparing it yourself with your own hands," Sana replied, her voice laced with a hint of mischief.

"You know, sometimes I have the urge to choke you when you talk back like that," I retorted, my annoyance bubbling up.

Sana chuckled, seemingly unfazed by my threat. "That's because you've been quite impatient, Y/N. Just trust me this once. It's best that you don't know."

Her words only fueled my curiosity further. "Funny, hearing you say that just makes me even more curious."

Feeling a mixture of frustration and intrigue, I let out a sigh and placed my hand on my forehead, attempting to ease the swirling thoughts and emotions that plagued my mind.

"Are you done, Y/N?" Sana asked, a hint of amusement in her voice.

"Well, I'm so done with you and your tricks," I replied, my frustration evident.

Sana laughed, seemingly unfazed by my annoyance. "Well, did you like the food?"

"Why does it matter?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes at her.

"So I can relay the message to the person," she explained, her smile widening.

I frowned, feeling a mix of curiosity and irritation. "Fine. Yes, I liked the food. Now, tell that person."

"Hmm, that's good. That person will be thrilled to hear that," Sana responded, an air of secrecy surrounding her words.

"I'm not sure why that person is going through all this trouble for me, but can you please tell me soon?" I pleaded, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"Well, that person specifically told me not to tell you. Just be happy about it, Y/N," she insisted, her tone filled with a mix of playfulness and seriousness.

My phone beeped, signaling a new text message. I picked it up and read the message, realizing it was from Jisoo.

"I might be going out tonight," Jisoo's text read.

"With who?" Sana inquired, her curiosity piqued.

"Jisoo just texted. She's around Seoul," I replied, my tone tinged with a sense of caution.

"That girl is trouble, you know," Sana commented, her concern evident.

I hummed softly, acknowledging that Jisoo could be quite problematic at times. However, she was still my friend, and despite the potential chaos she might bring, I felt like going out for a change would be fine.

Taking a seat on the couch in the waiting area of the clinic, I settled in, waiting for the day to wind down. Sana glanced at me and shook her head, a hint of concern in her expression.

"Well, call if there's any trouble, Y/N," she advised, her worry evident.

"You worry too much," I replied nonchalantly, brushing off her concerns.

"Can you blame me, though? The last time you and Jisoo went out, you ended up in jail for destroying things in the bar," Sana pointed out, her frown deepening.