18

Devonte smiling^^

I woke up confused. I ain't hear Darius alarm this morning. It normally let me know I got ten more minutes till he or pap's start bitching.

I reached over and grabbed my phone. It was already 10.

"What the fuck?" I said to myself as I got outta bed.

Either he sick or ain't come back to the crib. I ain't never seen that nigga sick though. Like he a superhero or some.

I walked to my dresser and pulled out a shirt and shorts.

Normally, I'd have all my shit over the floor and had to guess what was clean, but Pap's must of cleaned my room.

Come to think of it, I ain't seen pap's inna minute either. I normally see his ass at breakfast cause I be outside until like 3 in the morning.

Darius lame ass normally come straight home after work and Pap's don't leave the house. So shit don't add up. They prolly both got some broad they been seeing.

I sucked my teeth. "I can't believe them niggas been getting more pussy than me." I grumbled as I went to the bathroom.

Me and my bitch broke up. We was arguing over stupid shit then she wanted to get her baby dad's to fight me or some. Fuck I look like? That nigga ain't my father.

I just left that alone fore I put a bullet in both they ass. The old me woulda shot everybody up, them stank ass kids too. But I been cooling, tryna do right by cuzzo.

I pissed, brushed my teeth, all that shit, then went downstairs.

Pap's was there, sitting in his regular seat at the table. One plate of breakfast was there though.

"Morning, pap's." I greeted with a grin. I love me some damn food. I ain't waste no time scarfing that shit down.

It was quiet. This was normal cause we wasn't the type of family for small talk. But it was different cause Darius wasn't here.

"Von, you see Darius last night? He ain't in his room." Pap's spoke up.

"Nah, pap's. Last time, I seen him he dropped me off in the morning." I mumbled, still eating.

"You call him? He answer the phone?" He said quickly. It was obvious he was concerned about where Darius was at.

I get that. It was weird for cuz to break his routine. But honestly, I wasn't worried. Darius don't normally get himself in trouble. It was prolly just some girl he was seeing.

But, when I think about it, he was protecting that nigga from 7 hundred the other day. I ain't worry bout it too much at the time, cause I trust cuzzo judgement. But Darius don't fuck with people. So why he with that nigga all of a sudden?

"Devonte, answer the damn question." Pap's shouted.

I was thinking so much, I even forgot we was talking bout some.

"I texted his ass tryna see what he had got up too, but the nigga never hit me back." I told him, finishing my breakfast.

"He probably den got him a little girlfriend. You too, shit. Where was you yesterday?" I continued as I got up and put my plate in the sink.

"I actually had some I wanted to say about that."

I paused what I was doing. Was Pap's nervous? Fuck he got to be nervous about.

"Shit, Pap's you on't gotta stress." I chuckled, putting my arm around his shoulder.

"Me and Darius already knew you was getting some from that Hyundai in the driveway."

"Now, if that bitch play you, let me know. Whatever that shit called fraud, scamming, all that shit. Me and my glock'll be there." I snarled, jumping around making gun sounds. On god, I on't play about my family, real talk.

"Boy, sit the fuck down and shut up. Thinking you know every damn thing." He yelled.

I put my hands up and grabbed a seat.

He sighed before speaking. "Look I been seeing another man."

It was silent.

Man, this the stupid shit he had to say? He know I don't care, right? Crazy ass old man.

I sucked my teeth. "So you gay? Man, pap's, who gives a fuck. Long as he on't put his hands on you, we cool."

He looked shocked. Like he ain't know what he was finna say next.

"So whatchu think about you and Darius meeting him?" He said nervously.

I rolled my eyes. "I really on't care. Long as he don't get his ass beat up."

I got up and started boxing the air. "I'll fuck that nigga up, pap's. He can't be a pussy ass nigga in this family."

He shook his head with a sigh. It wasn't a nervous sigh, but a "Devonte getcho stupid ass out my face" type shit.

"Devonte, take yo stupid ass upstairs and get out my house." He said as he got up.

"Ben'll be over here for dinner so find yo cousin and be at the house by 7."

He started walking up the steps, leaving me in the kitchen.

"Tell his ass it's on sight." I shouted up the steps. I'd knock that nigga out, ion care who he is.

All jokes aside, I was happy for pap's. Him and my mom's got divorced when me and Darius was young. She ain't want nothing to do with our ass. I had to be like 5, Darius was 8. I ain't seen him with nobody since.

I went upstairs and got changed into my street clothes. Nothing serious, a t-shirt and some jeans.

I ran back downstairs. Usually, I was running so cuzzo wouldn't leave without me. Even with him not here, I just had a lot of energy today. Yeah, I ain't have no ride, but I had money and I was single. I was finna have a fucking field day.

I left the house, making sure I had my phone and shit. Maybe I'll stop by on cuzzo job. See what he got up to.