CHAPTER 3 (HER DAY)

Becky's POV

Today is the day where I will take the exam at the history subject. Mr. Chankimha reminded me earlier that the test hour will be later after class.

So when the last professor ended our class. I quickly grabbed my things to go in Mr. Chankimha's office.

My phone just ring with a notification. I checked it and it was my mom.

"See you later honey" that was the text message

Oh geez my mom decided to celebrate it I guess dad will be there too later.

And I'm right minutes later dad message with the same context.

I didn't mind to reply back.

I was about to go out the room when irin called me.

Yeah I still have people to rely on like irin.

We had been classmate since junior High school.

"Becky! Where are you going? It's your birthday we should celebrate it" she said

"I have to go and see Mr chankimha. And my parents are going home tonight maybe we celebrate tomorrow irin" I said

I bid goodbye to her and continue walking to Mr. Chankimha's office.

"Oh glad you're here ms. Armstrong. I will give you an hour to answer the test. But I gonna leave you for a moment my grandchild is front of the school waiting so here is the test you can start" he said and handed me the test.

I started answering it and I'm glad that all I had read and review this pass days are exactly to answer his test.

An hour has passed but there still no sign of Mr. Chankimha. I guess I shall wait a little bit more but he's still not here.

I had waited for about 20 minutes when a co professor of Mr. Chankimha come in.

"Oh hi miss why are you still here?" She asked

"I'm waiting for Mr. Chankimha ma'am. He said he will be out for a while and I shall finish the test he gave me" I said

"Oh you can put it in the desk miss. An urgent matter happened that's why Mr. Chankimha can't came back here" she said

I just nodded and put down the test paper in Mr. Chankimha's table. I bid goodbye to the professor and then I walk out of the room.

What urgent matter does Mr. Chankimha has?

Well it's not my business.

I open my phone to see lots of message from mom and dad.

We will have dinner in the city. Mom sent me the address so I will just navigate it in phone.

Today I drive my own car. Yeah I know how to drive. I need to.

Surviving in your own will make you independent in all things.

At almost 6 pm I had arrived in this fancy restaurant. Coming in the restaurant I had noticed that no one is here.

I guess mom and dad rent the whole place.

Later on a song started to play.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday, happy birthday... Happy birthday to you"

Group of waiters come in singing and there's my parents. My dad holding a pompoms and my mom holding a cake.

People will think that we are perfect but we're not.

My parents just acting this scene to let people know that our family was fine and also they are afraid that my grandparents will know that they had separated years ago.

Mom bring me the cake. I blow the candles which in the shape of 21. Yeah happy birthday to me.

Later on the waiter are gone. My parents serious faces returned.

We eat in silence.

"Your grandfather plan this party since they can't attend this so let's have a picture" my dad said

We took a picture we all smile. A smile that full of emptiness.

Later on my parents has to left. My mother just gave me a paper bag. Inside it is jewelry set for me while my father just said that he will send his gift in my bank account and just buy what I want.

Now here I am holding my shoes. And walking in the sea nearby the restaurant.

Why does my life had to be like this. I wish I was never born.

I can feel the breeze coming from the sea. The stars and moon are so bright.

My life is just full of emptiness and I wish to end it. Maybe if I'm gone my parents wouldn't be obliged to see each other.

I started walking into the sea lost in my thoughts. Thinking this way can only end what I am feeling.

I let the sea eats my soul. I closed my eyes and feel how the water of the sea drown my life.

"Goodbye mom..dad..I love you both"...

All I can say before losing breath.

********************Hi guys thanks for reading this chapter ✨

Hi guys thanks for reading this chapter ✨

It's somehow heavy to read so if you're not mentally okay you can skip this chapter.

Photos are not mine giving the credits to the rightful owner