CHAPTER 23 (FEVER)

Becky's POV

I'm now in my bed I still can't believe what sarocha said.

"What's the matter Rebecca. I like you lady. No I love you ever since. Please let me love you. I don't care if we're both woman. We can live together till we grow old"

It keep haunting my mind. But how can I love someone who doesn't belong to me. I'm Becky and not Rebecca. Loving her in this world will just give the both of us pain.

I didn't expect I will fall too. I tried to stop myself but not I had fallen and it hurts that we can never happened.

My time is clicking just what the old lady said. I'm starting to die.

I don't even know if I should seek the truth or just let myself die here.

I'm very sorry Sarocha...

And with that I fell asleep...

When I woke up this morning. Breakfast is ready. Sarocha is nowhere to be find.

"Good morning lady Rebecca, how was your sleep?" Her mom asked

"It was good aunty" I said still turning around to check where is sarocha.

"Oh that's good. Are you looking for sarocha? Well she's having a fever so she can't join us now. I didn't where she get it. She never gone sick like that" she said worriedly

I didn't answer aunty and started eating. Aunt said that uncle has gone to work early since they are re busy today.

After eating I decided to check sarocha. I'm feeling guilty now about what happened earlier.

Maybe that was the cause of her fever? As I walk to her room I see the maid was going down still having the food aunt prepared for her.

"Is that for lady sarocha?" I asked

"Yes lady but she refused to eat" she said

"Let me" I said then get the tray from her.

The tray has a towel and medicine too maybe she needed to be cool down from the fever.

I knocked then open the door.

"I told you I don't want to eat" she said

Her voice is somehow raspy maybe because of her fever.

I still move forward near her and put the tray in beside table.

I touch her forehead. And she was really hot.

"Please eat lady sarocha" I said

She then turned around to see me. She's a little bit surprised.

"Let me feed you" I said

"No I don't want to eat, you may leave. You don't even like me so why take care of me" she said pouting like a child

Oh she's being stubborn.

"Did I even said I don't like you? Common sit a little bit and I will feed you" I said

In the end she can't do anything. I started feeding her the porridge. I blow it a little so she won't be burnt.

She almost finished the porridge. After that I give her the medicine and she drink it.

"I will wipe you now to cool down your fever" I said

And then I started wiping her arms and then her face too. After that I put the towel on her forehead.

I was about to leave since I'm done when she grab my hand and look at me pleading.

"Can you stay here Rebecca?" She said still looking pale

Oh how can I resist her being like this.

So I decided to stay and look for her the whole day. Since I can't even go outside without her.

I maybe lost. Now lady sarocha is sleeping soundly. Her fever has gone.

She was just slightly hot. I was sitting beside her. I hold her hand.

"I'm sorry Sarocha.. we're just impossible.. I don't belong in this world. How dare I claim someone who can't be mine" I said

I love you too.. I wish I can say it back..

*************************

Thanks for reading this chapter ✨

Photos are not mine giving the credits to the rightful owner