Chapter 18

(Note: From here, there will be AUTHOR'S POV, not Ruhi's
Thank you♡)

The next morning, the doorbell rang at the Malhotra mansion.

Aashi was in the hall, so she opened the door. When she saw Vaidehi and Rudra, she became happy and hugged them, saying, "You both have come!"

Rudra asked, "How are you?"

"Awesome, as always," she replied, breaking the hug.

Sunaina, hearing the loud voices, came from the kitchen and said, "Oh, Vaidehi and Rudra, you came... and you didn't even inform."

"Yes, maa, how are you?" Vaidehi asked, approaching Sunaina and giving her a quick hug.
"I'm perfectly fine, beta," Sunaina replied.

Rudra, hugging her tightly, said, "Missed you, maa," and kissed her on the hair.

"Aree, mera bachha," Sunaina responded, hugging him back.
(Ohh, my child)

Vikram descended the stairs, remarking, "Aree, you should have called, na?Ahaan would come to pick you up."

"No, Papa, no need to trouble him in the morning. Shehzade sahab so rhe honge naa, " Rudra said
(The prince must be sleeping)

"How was your honeymoon, bhai-bhabhi? Did you enjoy it?" Aashi asked excitedly.

"Aree, at least let them freshen up, beta," Sunaina interjected.

"Oo haa," Aashi acknowledged.

"Go, freshen up, and come for breakfast," Sunaina instructed, to which they both agreed and headed to their room.

After freshening up, they returned, and everyone gathered at the breakfast table.

Ahaan arrived and noticed them, asking, "When did you guys come?"

"Just an hour ago," Vaidehi replied.

"Okay, now tell me, how was your honeymoon? What did you do? When did you go?" Aashi inquired excitedly.

"Don't ask so many questions, chepdii. They went on their honeymoon, not on a school picnic; they won't tell you everything," Ahaan teased, and Vikram fake coughed.

"Jaga dekh ke muh khola kar chilgoze," Aashi playfully retorted.
(Look at the place before opening your mouth)

"Chilgoza? naya name rakha hai?" Vaidehi asked spontaneously, earning surprised glances, and she quickly changed the topic, "Umm, do you need anything?" she asked, turning her gaze towards Rudra.

"No," he replied simply.

"Come on, bhabhi, tell us!" Aashi whined.

"It was really good, bahot maza aaya, haina Rudra," Vaidehi shared, maintaining her composure.

"Hnn," he replied nonchalantly while eating.

"Alright, I'm leaving for the office," Vikram announced as he stood up from his chair.

"Okay, Papa, you go. I'll join you in an hour," Rudra replied.

"You don't need to come today. Take rest; you can join from tomorrow," his dad suggested.

"Yes, Rudra, your papa is right. Take rest today," Sunaina joined in.

"No, no, I have a lot of pending work, and don't worry. If I feel exhausted, I'll be back home," he assured.

"Okay then, let's go. We can go together," Vikram suggested.

"No, Papa, it'll take me an hour. You go; I'll join you soon," Rudra insisted.