Chapter 23

The paper fold is now quite small. Even one person can't stand properly, but what can they do? They can't lose, haha. So, Rudra took Vaidehi in his arms, and Akshat took Shweta.

The music begins. The four of them somehow manage to balance on the paper, but Akshat loses his balance, stepping outside the paper. Rudra and Vaidehi exchange a victorious smile.

"And here is our winning couple, Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra!" the host announces as they both take a sigh of relief.

The hosts called them on stage, presented them with a floral bouquet and a trophy, and congratulated them. After that, everyone returned to their seats. Shweta and Akshat also extended their congratulations.

"I didn't know you were such a good dancer, bro," Vansh remarked, suppressing his laughter.

"Shut up," Rudra mumbled, and he burst into laughter. Vaidehi was also laughing silently.

"Congratulations, by the way," Vansh said.

"Thank you, Vansh bhaiya," Vaidehi replied.

Rudra received a call and excused himself, heading outside to take it. While talking on the phone, his gaze shifted to someone, his expressions changed, and he cut the call, saying, "I'll call you back, Priya," before approaching them.

Jaan," he said, looking at Ruhi, who was with a boy. They both turned toward them.

"Excuse me?" the boy said.

"I'm not talking to you," Rudra replied rudely.

"Abhi, I'll join you in some minutes," Ruhi said with a soft smile, and the boy left after nodding yes.

"What the hell was that?" Ruhi asked angrily, turning towards Rudra.

"Jaan, I was..." he started to say while reaching for her hands, but Ruhi cut him off.

"What? How the hell can you be rude to him?" she asked, jerking his hands away.

"Why are you doing all this, and who the hell was he?" he questioned, holding her shoulders.

She jerked away his hands again. "What the hell are you doing, Rudra?" she almost yelled.

"Then answer me, na! I'm just asking who he was?" he insisted.

I won't. Nahi bataungi. Aur kis haq se mujhe puch rahe ho, haan? What I am doing is none of your business anymore, okay!" she said angrily
(I won't tell, And by what right are you asking me)

Jaan..." he was saying, but she interrupted again. "Oh, what 'jaan' huh? I'm not your 'jaan,' don't you dare to call me that again," she said.
Rudra's eyes almost teared up hearing her.

"Ruhhh, please listen to me," he said.

"Okay, tell me, you can feed someone with your own hand, dance with someone-no, no, not just dance, paper dance would be more accurate-take someone in your arms, too?" She paused, questioning, "Did I say something wrong? Haan? Oh no, no, how can I say this? She's not just someone; she's not just anyone. She's your WIFE, an officially wedded wife, haina?" she said sarcastically.

Rudra couldn't say anything for a few seconds but uttered after a while, "Look, Ruhh, I want to tell you something about us," he said.

"Kya? Yahi na ki, Are you very happy in your marriage? You moved on with her, granting her all the rights of a wife? No need, Mr. Malhotra, you don't need to tell me all this. I already know; I heard you very clearly when you told Ahaan that you both are..." Words couldn't escape her mouth.

"Ruhh..." his tears streamed down his cheeks as he called her name.

"You know what, Rudra? When I called you and you said that 'you said yes to dadu,'" she said, gathering her courage, wiping her tears, and looking at him.