Chapter 43

They went outside to see some beautiful places and had a good time together. In the evening, they climbed a mountain and finally reached its top before sunset.

"Ahhh, finally we're here," Vaidehi said, putting both her hands on her waist and panting heavily. The golden hues of the setting sun bathed her face in a warm glow.

"Tired?" Rudra asked, his eyes twinkling with affection.

"Of course," she replied with a chuckle.

"But you wanted this, right?" Rudra asked again, gently brushing a strand of hair from her face.

"Ab kuch pane ke liye kuch khona padta hai," she said, sitting on a rock. She gazed at the view, the valley below painted in shades of orange and pink.

"Trust me, it'll be worth it," Rudra assured her, his voice soft and reassuring.

"I know," she said, and he sat beside her. They both remained silent for a while, taking in the breathtaking scenery.

"Why is your heart still beating so fast?" she asked, hearing his continuous rapid heartbeat.

"You can hear it?" he asked, surprised.

"Yes, we've been sitting here for about 10-15 minutes. Mine has calmed down, but yours keeps racing. I can even feel it," she said, placing her hand on his chest. The touch was gentle, but it sent a wave of warmth through him.

Rudra's mind was full of thoughts. He was nervous, excited, scared, and happy all at once, thinking about what he was planning to do next.

"What are you thinking so much about?" she asked again, looking at him intently.

"Nothing, just random thoughts," he said, looking at the sun. The sky was a canvas of vivid colors, a perfect backdrop for his upcoming confession.

"Rudra..." she started to say, but he put his finger on her lips.

"Shhhh," he said, and she looked into his eyes, which were full of love. The moment felt timeless, like they were the only two people in the world.

"Look there," he said, pointing towards the sun. It was a beautiful sunset, the kind that seemed to promise new beginnings.

They both remained silent again. After a few moments, she put her head on his shoulder, hugging her knees. He smiled without looking at her, his heart swelling with love.

After a few minutes, he finally broke the silence. "Vaidehi," he called.

"Hmm," she responded without looking at him.

"I want to say something," he said.

"Hmm, I'm listening," she replied, gazing at the sky, which was now transitioning into twilight.

"I'm sorry," he said, his voice trembling slightly.

"Why?" she asked, her curiosity piqued.

"I was too bad initially. I don't know if I can ever make up for that time or if there are words to apologize for my deeds. You're too sweet to forgive me so easily and move on with me, giving me another chance..." he started, but she interrupted.

"Shhh, let it go. Why bring it up again?" she said, holding his arm more tightly, her touch reassuring.

"Let me speak today. Vaidehi, I'm really very sorry for all that I did back then," he said, his eyes searching hers for understanding.

"Thik hai, maaf kiya," she said, her voice gentle.

"Thank you," he said, his heart feeling lighter.

"Ho gaya? Now, never bring it up again. I don't want to recall that time," she said firmly.