Chapter 42

Vaidehi was running down the stairs and was about to fall, but Rudra held her by her waist and saved her.

"You can open your eyes, zinda ho tum," Rudra said, noting her dramatic facial expression.

First, she opened one eye to see Rudra and then the other.

"Uff, bach gayi aaj to," she mumbled.

"Kya kar rahi ho yaar, sambhalke chala karo. Aaj main tha, par hamesha main nahi rahunga tumhara haath pakadne ke liye..." he said, making her stand properly while continuing his lines, giving her goosebumps. "...ye kabhi mat sochna, I'll always be there to hold you whenever you fall, hamesha hu main tumhare paas, hmmm?" he said, and she blinked.
(What are you doing? Be careful when you walk. Today I was here, but I won't always be there to hold your hand......never think that, I'll always be there to hold you whenever you fall, I'll always be with you, hmm?)

"But still, be careful," he said in a serious voice and went downstairs, leaving her with crimson red cheeks.

"Stairs se girne se to bacha loge, par jo ye tumhare pyaar mein gir rahi hu roz roz usse kaise bacha paoge," she mumbled, her eyes getting wet, thinking, "kya ye hamesha ek tarfa hi rahega?"

(You can save me from falling down the stairs, but how will you save me from falling in love with you every day?" "Will this always be one-sided?")

Shut up, Vaidehi, you're not going to get sentimental about this. You have his best version with you, and you're happy with that," she scolded herself and went downstairs when she heard Rudra calling her.

Everyone was having dinner peacefully when Rudra announced, "Maa, Vaidehi, and I are going on vacation for a few days."

"What? When? Where? And why don't I know about this?" Vaidehi asked.

"Because it's a surprise for you, and surprises aren't meant to be told," Rudra said.

"Ummhumm, bhaiir , surprise and all, hann? Alright, if you've put in so much effort behind this surprise, then we also won't ask where you are taking bhabhi," Aashi said.

"Thank you," Rudra said, and everyone chuckled.

"Please tell me where we are going," Vaidehi asked softly.

"Papa, I've completed almost all the work for the week, only a meeting with Mr. Sinha remains. It would have been done too, but he's not here for three days, so will you please handle that?" Rudra asked Vikram, completely ignoring Vaidehi's question.

"Of course I will. Just send me all the details," Vikram said.

"Sure, I'll tell you everything after dinner," Rudra said, and Vikram nodded.

"We won't ask where you're going, but can we ask when you're leaving?" Sunaina asked.

"Of course, Maa. We're leaving tomorrow evening," Rudra said.

"Alright," Sunaina replied.

Soon, everyone was done with dinner, and Rudra and Vikram went to the study room.

"What do you think, bhabhi? What could the surprise be?" Aashi asked.

"If I knew, I wouldn't be feeling this tickling in my stomach," Vaidehi said, and Aashi chuckled.

"Beta, do you need to prepare anything?" Sunaina asked.

"For what, Maa?" Vaidehi asked.

"For going away," Sunaina said.

"What should I prepare, Maa? To prepare, I need to know where we are going," Vaidehi said, and Sunaina chuckled.

"Maa, why don't you ask Rudra? He'll definitely tell you," Vaidehi said suddenly.