Chapter 16

Amity's POV:

~the next day (during lunch)~

After science, I headed towards the cafeteria. I had gotten out late from science class, since I was talking to Mr. Caleb about the chemistry test. The halls were empty, except for one black haired guy with a mohawk. He looked pretty ugly. I think his name was Zander?

When he got closer to me, he smirked.

"Hey there beautiful."

I shuddered, and replied, "Please don't call me that."

"Or what?" He asked, taking a step closer. I inched away from him, moving backwards until I hit the lockers.

I tried to see how I could escape this situation, but there were no witnesses, or anybody to help me.

"G-get away from me. Y-you don't know what I'm capable of." I stammered, trying to stall.

He stepped closer, and whispered, "Oh, but I do."

Before he could do anything, I heard some talking coming from the hallway. Either the boy was too invested in doing whatever, or he was just deaf. I closed my eyes, and started hyperventilating.

Before he could touch me, I heard someone shout, "Get away from him you son of a-

Trigger warning - contains swearing

"What are you doing bitch!"

I felt him take a couple steps back, and I opened my eyes.

"Oh no." I muttered under my breath, watching as Luna, Sarina, and Luz speed-walked towards me. Luz stood in front of me, and I could literally feel the anger radiating off of her.

"What the fuck are you doing to her? Are you an insane bitch? I hope you crawl into a hole and die." She spat, glaring at him. She was an inch taller than him, and her intimidating stare made me want to do whatever she asked.

Sarina then said, "What our friend is trying to say is that if you don't back down now, I'll send that blackmail photo of you when you-"

"Alright, FINE." He muttered, and tried to walk away. However, he was stopped by Luz, who grabbed him on the arm.

"Apologize for your idiotic behavior, NOW." She snarled.

He winced, and then muttered, "sorry," before running away.

I sat down on the floor, still trembling from the encounter. I was also feeling a little afraid, considering the way Luz had lashed out. However, she knelt to the ground and studied me with gentle coffee-brown eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked, all traces of anger gone, replaced with a comforting kindness.

I promptly burst into tears, and sobbed on Luz's shoulder.

Sarina turned to Luna and said, "Uhm, we have, uh, stuff, to do. Right Luna?" She elbowed Luna, who nodded vigorously.

They both practically ran down the hallway, and I couldn't help but feel a little flustered at the fact that me and Luz were alone. But we were just friends, right?

"Just two friends, all alone, in the middle of the hallway." A random thought surfaced, and I cringed. "Shut up," I mumbled, the tears still streaming down my face.

"What?" Luz asked, confusion evident on her face.

"I-I was talking to myself." I stammered, through my sobs.

She scooted closer to embrace me, and I melted into the hug, breathing in her wonderful scent of coffee and lavender.

We stayed like that for a while, and I started to feel better. I started to think about how rude I'd been when I met her. I still wondered how she could forgive me, and comfort me in my time of need.

*Bonus*:

(Luna, Sarina, and Lily are in the library)

"Hey guys." Lily greeted. "Whatcha doing?"

"I installed a camera in the hallway," Luna whispered, smirking.

Why?!? Sarina yelled, and Lily loudly shushed her, earning them a nasty look from the librarian. Sarina quickly lowered her voice and muttered, "Why?"

"Boredom," Luna responded, grinning wickedly. She pulled out her phone, showing a live video of Luz and Amity.

Both of them were hugging each other tightly. Sarina squealed, and Lily looked like she was about to explode from cuteness. The librarian snapped her head in the direction of the group and side-eyed them.

"Blackmail." Luna snickered, then slipped her phone back into her pocket.

"I see you're still a computer geek." Sarina said, failing to be angry at her friend. "At least now we know that they made up."

"Or made out." Luna said, smirking.

"LUNAA!!!" Sarina shouted. "Think of the youngins." She said, gesturing to Lily.

Lily rolled her eyes and muttered,"I'm not that young."

A shadow fell over the table, and the trio quickly looked up to see the librarian menacingly towering over them.

"Out. Now." She demanded, frowning severely.

"But-," Lily protested, with an indignant expression on her face.

"I said NOW!" Somehow, the librarian's voice increased in volume, but she was still whispering. Luna raised an eyebrow.

They stood up and trudged out the library door

"This is all your fault." Luna groaned. "How are we gonna watch Lumity now?"

Author's Note

Shout out to:

MultiContentLover (for proofreading, being a idiotic potato, and suggesting the bonus excerpt) (also for covering for me while I slept in math~ DoraDaExplorer101)

Bubbl_Roach (for typing in the curse words and being Luna the bi0tech >=)

DoraDaExplorer101 (for being Sarina Kajack the cOoL kId)