The End Of The World

Deku looked at Mina with a frown, horror coming to his expression as he realized she was right. If there was a way out, Kaminari would be with his family. They were trapped here, they had been for months. He had been so desperate to comfort Ochaco, he had forgotten how grim their situation really was. He looked back at Ochaco and forced a smile.

"I-I've seen what we're up against now." he said softly, "we'll keep you at our base, you'll be safe. We have all of the best heroes here, you and the baby will be safe. Kacchan and I will get all of us home soon. W-we'll be home before you start to show."

Mina wanted to ask Deku about what he had seen, but she knew that it wasn't the time. She wanted to help, but this seemed like it was between Ochaco and Deku.

"Hey girl, You think he's got this?"

Deku looked at her sadly, he wanted to be enough to comfort her, but he understood if this was something she needed to talk to another woman about, he supposed. This was no place for his pride.

"Can we spend some time alone?" he murmured, rubbing her back after a while passed where she didn't answer Mina.

"Y-yeah." she murmured, "I-I'll meet up with you and the girls later." she murmured, watching Mina leave and looked at Deku sadly.

"What do you want to do?"
Ochaco frowned "what do you mean?"
"Well we can cry or we can snuggle and talk about how cute a baby with your eyes and your dimples would be." Deku murmured,
"How do you feel?" Ochaco asked
"I don't know, ochaco, this is a lot to take in."
Ochaco nodded "I'm terrified."
Deku frowned, but he was happy she was sharing this with him, "do you want to talk about why?"
"I just- I don't know what I did wrong last time! And I'm going to be more stressed this time and I just don't know what to do."

Deku frowned, his heart breaking as he watched her cry "w-we'll deal with things as they come okay?" He knew that it was probably rich coming from him, the biggest overthinker of all time, but stress was bad for the baby. He could stress out for both of them. He kissed her forehead and sighed, holding her in his arms and rubbing her back.

"We're only twenty two, i-if this one doesn't work then we can try again, and there are lots of different ways to do it.. But right now, as far as we know, everything is okay.. And so you shouldn't worry. Let me worry." he smiled at her sadly, wiping her eyes and hoping she couldn't see how badly he wanted to cry with her.

Ochaco looked at him sadly, nuzzling his shoulder and hugging him tight.

"I love you." She murmured

Deku felt a few tears beginning to fall, peppering her face with kisses "I love you too. I love you so much." he sighed "I won't let anything happen to you, and I will get you home as soon as I possibly can."

Ochaco frowned, "Don't get yourself killed, Deku.. I would rather be here longer than raise Kaz without you." she murmured

"I'm not going anywhere." he replied, he would be careful. He wouldn't let his child grow up without a dad. A bigger smile came to his lips, as he looked at her.

"Is that the name we're going with? Kaz?"

"For now." her voice was soft, "Unless you have something you like better."

Deku decided against telling her that he preferred the name Toshinori.

"Kazuku is perfect." He didn't love the idea of naming his child after himself, but the name 'peacekeeper' was nice, and if Ochaco liked it, it was the obvious choice.

"You can pick a girl's name if you want." She murmured

Deku nodded, "Toshinori for a girl."