Invasion of the Body Snatchers

tw: mentions of miscarriage and blood

Deku was quiet, chin on his wife's shoulder and arms around her belly. He was sleepy, but he wasn't asleep. He felt their child moving around, wondering how Ochaco could sleep when their child was so fitful inside of her. He huffed, trying to calm down, making his head slow down. He kissed her head, carefully pulling himself away from her, climbing over her. He knelt down, kissing her forehead, and then her belly. Her eyes opened with a soft whine. Deku frowned

"Sorry, I was going to go walk around the base, I just, I can't sleep." Ochaco huffed, sitting up as she rubbed the back of her head.

"I'll go with you."

Deku frowned, it would probably be hard for her to go back to bed, in her condition. He ran a hand through her hair.

"Okay." he watched her stand up, smiling softly as she stretched and ran her fingers through her hair. So much had changed since the beginning of this war, but she was still his Ochaco. She held her belly with a sigh.

Deku smiled, "She's been moving all night."

"Yeah. He's usually awake when I'm resting." she murmured

Deku smiled weakly, "So you're used to it?"

"Yeah. It's pretty normal."

Deku smiled at her, grabbing her hand and kissing it gently.

"Do you want my coat? It's cold and I just-"

"I-I'll take it. Please." she murmured

Deku nodded, smiling at her as he helped her put it on, she had five more months of pregnancy, though his coat was still baggy enough he suspected she would fit in his clothes throughout the pregnancy, at least he was helping in some way, he supposed. He kissed her gently, resting his hand on the bump again. He grabbed her hand, leading her down the hallway with a sigh.

"How do you-how do you feel?"
Ochaco laughed "You know you're treating me like you did our second year again?"

Deku frowned, he remembered their second year, being nervous he was going to mess up, hurt her or get her hurt, those feelings hadn't really gone away, but he had learned to accept that he couldn't control it, but now, with a baby coming into the picture, and seeing her pregnant in a place like this. Those feelings were being stirred again. He was also trying to get to know her again, hoping that they could be where they were when they got married by the time the baby came.

"D-do you-does it upset you? I just-I'm-I just want to make sure everything is okay. With us, I want us to be stronger when Toshinori comes, not weaker."

"Weaker? Then our second year?"

"I mean. Yes. You don't look at me like you used to, I want to fix that. I want our child to look at their parents, and know what I know."

"What is that?"

"That we love each other. A lot, a-and we are together because we love each other and not because we're scared to be alone."

Ochaco frowned, "Of course we love each other. We are having a baby, you have to make love to make a baby."

Deku laughed softly, smiling at her, "Do you really believe that?"

Ochaco nodded her head, cocking her head to the side

Deku shook his head, "You're adorable." he sighed

"What?"

"Nothing." He pecked her lips gently and rubbed her back. "If that's enough to prove I love you, then that's great. I can do that."