Weakness

{trigger warning mentions of infant death and suicide no one actually died but there is mention. As warped reality is a thing here}

Bakugo hesitated, seeing Kaminari sitting on his bed, staring at a picture he had brought with him from home. He looked so vulnerable, it had been months since Necrokitty had him, how had she upset him so much that he was still reeling months later? He supposed that fatherhood must fuck with your head. Make you more sentimental.

"Kaminari." he sighed "What can you tell me about what you saw?"

Denki looked up at him, he put the picture Kyoka had sent to him, in his pocket.

"I saw Kyoka." he said softly, "I saw Denji."

Katsuki stopped himself from making a wisecrack, "can I sit down?"

Denki nodded, scooting over, looking at Katsuki. Katsuki frowned, Denki looked like shit, his hair was grown out and frizzy, his leather jacket was ruined, hell everyone was going to need hero costumes when they got back. Everyone looked like shit, it was just most obvious with Kaminari, he was usually so carefree, it was daunting to see him worry like Deku.

"I need to know more, if I can protect others from getting hurt. I'm sorry, but you're a hero. It's your job. I'm sure Kyoka would understand."

Denki nodded sadly "I uh.. I wrote to her about it, she told me I needed to tell you or Deku."

"Well, Deku is checking in with cheeks, but if you would prefer to share your experience with him, then by all means." Katsuki sighed, he understood Deku was a better ear, a better shoulder. He was more like a fist.

Kaminari sighed, "no. I-I'll talk to you." Deku was preparing to become a father, he wasn't going to put scary images in his head.

"Alright, then talk."

"She told me I had been gone for so long.. The baby was driving her insane.. That she felt so alone and so hurt, she hated Denji. A-and so she put her fingers through his eyes, she was laughing! Laughing as our son died in her hands. And then she started crying. She asked what she had done, screaming, crying, pulling her hair, before she killed herself too." Denki started sobbing "I-I wrote to her, and she sent me this picture." He pulled out a picture of Kyoka holding their son, Bakugo smiled slightly.

"Cute kid."

"Yeah. Gets it from his mom."

Katsuki sighed, "he has her earlobes."

"But not her quirk." Denji replied before, stopping himself, Katsuki didn't give a fuck about his kid.

Bakugo nodded "Deku said he seems to control machines or something. That he turns on the tv, and when he cries everything in the nursery malfunctions. Sounds like a pain the- sounds like a handful."

Denki nodded "I love him though. I-I can't tell you how much I miss them."

Bakugo sighed, he had spent enough time with Deku these past couple of months that he could imagine.

*****

Deku was quiet as he pressed his face his wife's stomach sitting on his knees as he spoke to her belly

"I love you Toshinori, I'm going to be the best dad I can be, I promise." He looked at Ochaco "Has he kicked you yet? How does it feel? Do you feel okay? Any cravings or weird movements? Are you-"

"Deku." Ochaco sighed, with a small, tired smile, "everything has been normal, I started feeling him move a while after you left. I've been craving berries, mostly, so no, nothing spicy. No weird movements, just little fluttering, just little feet."