She's Been Watching

Deku was quiet as he took Ochaco and Toga to the part of the base they usually slept in, he sat down on the floor and watched Toga begin to cry again, Ochaco wrapped her arms around her friend and frowned.

"Do you want to talk about it?"
Toga's eyes were on Ochaco's midsection, Deku frowned, feeling unnerved as he gently wrapped an arm around Ochaco and pressed his hand to it, as if he could protect his family from the monsters with only the back of his hand. Ochaco cleared her throat, looking at her husband and then at his hand and putting her hand on top of his.

"What's wrong?"

"Sh-she keeps looking at it, and I don't know why."

Toga frowned, of course Deku still thought she was a monster.

"N-no I'm not-not because of you, Himikochan I just-I'm worried you're looking at it because of something the-the ghost said."

Toga nodded "It didn't mention the baby, but it was probing, trying to get me to tell it about you, trying to find things it could do to hurt you. I-it was so nice at first, I really thought it might be him, but-but then he started saying terrible things, trying to get me to give him information about you two."

Deku frowned, nodding his head as he sighed "Do you mind if I ask you some questions?" he murmured, he was worried about his friends and his family, but he wasn't going to hurt Toga to put his mind at ease.

"I would like some time first." Toga replied quickly, Deku nodded once

"I am going to interrogate Iida then," he replied, hesitating as he looked at his wife. He wanted to spend time with her, talk about their child, and try to forge a bond with it before it came into the world. He had plenty of time to do that, hopefully, he had no idea how far along Ochaco was, but she was pretty little, he didn't think she could be that far along and not have a bump. He had tried to feel for one, her tummy was flat. He had plenty of time to bond with his baby, right now, the best thing he could do for the baby was figure out who he was fighting so he could defeat them and get his wife home to a real hospital, so that Eri and Momo weren't delivering his child. Ochaco smiled at him and his heart melted a little, he kissed her gently before standing up and kissing her cheek.

"I'll be back." He murmured

Ochaco nodded her head, smiling at him weakly, "Thank you, Deku. For everything."

Deku smiled at her weakly, pressing a hand to her tummy again.

"I love you." he sighed, "I'm sorry we haven't gotten any alone time to talk about the baby." he murmured

"It's okay, Deku, right now we need to focus on everyone's survival, it's only been a couple of days. I-I'll stay here with Toga."

Deku nodded, he thought about telling her that he would be back to snuggle her that night, but he didn't want to make promises she couldn't keep. He just looked at her and kissed her gently before going to talk to Iida.

Ochaco looked at Toga with a frown, putting her hands in her pockets

"What now?" she murmured, Toga smiled at her weakly, gently pressing her hand to Ochaco's belly and huffing

"How do you feel?" She murmured, looking down at her stomach

Ochaco sighed, she was going to have to get used to people touching her stomach, wasn't she?

"Better now that you're safe." she murmured

Toga nodded, smiling weakly, she didn't want to talk about twice.