3

Dominic Hayes

As I packed some bags I was listening to Holly complaining.

"I'm not understanding why you have to move in with the bitch." She said.

"Why does she have to be a bitch though? I told you it's for my case."

"You defending her or something? If I said bitch that's what I meant. I don't care about your case. I'm not comfortable." I rolled my eyes and continued packing.

"I'm not defending her. You know how I feel about that word. I don't care what a woman does, but calling her out her name is just borderline disrespectful. It never helps a situation, Holly. You doing the most. I told you on Saturday."

"And what did I tell you on Saturday?"

"That you weren't comfortable."

"So why didn't you fix it?"

"Because this my damn job Holly. It's not just a case I can remove myself from because you want me to. You need to trust me. This is ridiculous and a bad look on you." I went to put my bags at the door, and she followed me of course.

"How is it a bad look on me Dominic?"

"You always do this. We have to same conversation constantly." I said leaning on the wall and looking at her.

"You let your job get in between us."

"I don't. You knew what it was before we got together. You know my dream was to be a Detective and now that I'm finally am here we are."

"I just want you. I love that you became a Detective. I'm happy that you are where you wanted to be in your life. But where am I in your life?"

"You with me. Just because things aren't going your way doesn't mean I'm cheating or doing foul shit. I promised you I'll make more time for us and I am. I have to go you need to trust me, baby."

"I do. I'm sorry Be safe I love you." She kissed me.

"You don't have to apologize. I love you too. I'll let you know I made it." She nodded as I grabbed my bags. I gave her another kiss and then left my apartment building. I put my bags in the trunk of my Dodge Charger. I got in and started driving to the address Layton sent me. I heard my music pause seeing a name on the screen, Incoming Call: Adonis

"Wassup Champ." I heard him say in the car speakers.

"Nothing just driving to this house."

"You on the way right now? Damn."

"Why?"

"Bianca set that double date you know." I sighed.

"Seriously man, this is not the time for this. I need to focus on this case."

"I feel you, how's it so far?"

"As of right now, ain't shit. I met with her and to be honest, she bad. I mean... damn. Those pictures do no justice." I heard him laugh, which caused me to do the same.

"What happened to Holly?"

"She is getting on my nerves but I love her."

"Do you though?" He laughed again.

"I know you and B don't like her but I don't know why though."

"It's just something off about her Champ. I'll always be happy for you as your brother but Holly, not it."

"I hear you. I have to go I'm at the house."

"Be safe." He said then I hung up. I got out of the car taking a good look at the house.