18

Dominic Hayes

I woke up in Layton's bed after she let me stay over. I walked into the bathroom looking for a toothbrush. Once I found one, I did my morning hygiene and then went downstairs. The smell of food hit me in the face as soon as got to the final step. Before I made it to the kitchen, I saw Royalty running up to me.

"Daddy, you up." She held her arms up so that I could pick her up. I did just that.

"Yeah Ro, I'm up."

"Mommy calls me that too." I smiled as we walked into the kitchen seeing Layton putting the food on plates.

"Mommy, daddy's up." Royalty said as Layton turned around seeing us.

"Well, finally I was getting ready to send her up there to get you for breakfast." She said.

"I had to look for a toothbrush, but good morning to you." I kissed her. She smiled. My phone went off. I pulled it out.

"Don't tell me you have a girlfriend or something Dominic." I shook my head.

"Nope, I was too busy being stuck on my baby mother. It's my hotel reminding me to pay for the room I'm in." I sat at the table with Royalty in my lap and started eating.

"You don't have to stay there you know. Not anymore. You can stay here with us."

"You asking or telling me? I need to find a job as well."

"I'm telling you. You can work with me for real this time. Not for me but with me."

"I'll stay if you be my girlfriend again Layton. I meant what I said to you last night. I'll work with you. You think I wasn't at first but I was." I said giving Royalty my last piece of bacon.

"You not asking?" She questioned. I got up and put Royalty down so she could go play. I grabbed my plate and put it in the sink. I leaned on the counter.

"Will you be my girlfriend Layton?" I asked looking at her. She smiled and kissed me.

"Of course Dommy." I smiled.

"I'll have to go get my stuff from the hotel."

"Hurry back, please. We need to talk about Royalty's 5th birthday party."

"You want me involved?"

"Duh, Dominic. Why wouldn't I?"

"I wasn't here."

"But you here now. So hurry back."

"Can I use your car? I haven't brought one out here yet." She nodded and kissed my cheek. I grabbed her keys off the hook then got in her car driving off. Once I had all my bags I went to the lobby to check out. I went to the desk.

While I was standing there, I noticed the guy that Layton had dinner with last night. He had a wedding band on his finger and he walked with a woman that it looked like he fell in love with during a 15-minute dance. She had a ring on too.

"All set sir?" The lady at the front desk asked getting my attention.

"Yeah. I'm checking out of room 1209." I passed her my room keys.

"So how did your meeting go with that hoe?" The wife asked him.

"We never got to finish because some dude came and she had to leave. Hopefully, I can meet up with her again soon and get what I want out of her." The dude responded.

"You're all set, Mr. Hayes." The receptionist said.

"Thanks." I walked out of the hotel and got in my car, driving off. I got in the car with my bags and went to the door. I used the key Layton gave me before I left. I walked in going to the room. I walked into the room seeing Layton and Royalty on the bed watching TV.