The Calm Before the Storm

I don't own this picture!

Pitch POV

I couldn't believe my own little girl left me, just like her mother. It's all those guardians' faults; if they weren't in the picture, then none of this would have happened. 

A smirk appeared on my face as I got the most brilliant idea. 

"What if the guardians weren't in the picture?" I asked myself, smirking. 

"I'm going to get my daughter back and no one, not even her mother is going to stop me." I said, as I started putting my plan into action. 

Eri POV

I just finished my work for the night and was just taking a break on a rooftop. 

I get up on my feet and suddenly feel someone behind me; when the person grabs my shoulder, I grab their wrist and pin them to the floor in a rapid motion. 

"Easy! Eri, it's just me!" Jack said. 

"Jack? What are you doing here?" I asked, letting him up. 

"I wanted to check on you and see if you were okay." Jack said. 

"I'm fine and never sneak up on me like that again." I warned, pointing my index finger at him. 

"I won't and I know you're not fine." Jack said. 

"I guess, I'm worried about what my father will do when he sees my mother for the first time in over 200 years. I guess, I'm scared that I would have to kill someone dear to me." I said, looked down. 

"Even though he lied to you your whole life?" Jack asked. 

"He's still my father and I love him, even though, yes, he can be a bit difficult to deal with sometimes, he raised me. He could've done who knows what after my mother was forced to leave, but he didn't because he loves me. He would let anyone hurt me; that's how you know that deep down inside that darkness is a heart, a heart full of love for his family. He just doesn't know how to show it sometimes." I explained. 

"Sometimes?! He chased your mother away, threatened to hurt you and her and lied to you about it!" Jack exclaimed. 

"He's the Boogeyman, Jack! You can't expect him to be a goody two-shoes like us all the time!" I shouted. 

"If he really loved you he wouldn't threaten to hurt you! He's a monster!" Jack shouted back. 

"How dare you insult my father?!" I said, slapping him. 

Jack looked shocked but I didn't care at that moment. 

"What would you know anything about love?!" I shouted at him. 

"I love you." Jack mumbled, but I heard him and I calmed down immediately. 

"What did you say?" I asked, completely shocked. 

"I love you, Eri." Jack said. 

Jack, I don't know what to say." I said. 

"You don't have to say it back, I know you don't like me back." Jack said, turning away from me. 

"Jack wait!" I said. 

Jack turned back to me and instead of just saying it, I kissed him, not on the cheek, on the lips. 

Jack was shocked at first but melted into the kiss and wrapped his arms around my waist, deepening the kiss. 

We both broke the kiss for air, my hands on his chest as we both gaze into each other's eyes.