7.

thank you guys for 400 reads!!! I'm SO  unbelievably happy!!
=================================

My phone wakes me from a deep sleep. I groan in annoyance, picking up the device while I rub my eyes tiredly.

"Hello?" I say while putting my phone up to my ear. "Qing Yuan!" My Dad exclaims over the phone, excited to hear from me.

"Merry Christmas! We are so sad to miss you today, but I'm hoping to visit Korea soon so you can meet your step Mother." My Dad rushingly says in Chinese. My eyes widen at this, "Did you guys already get married?" I ask, worried that I might have missed something.

My Dad laughs, "No!"

After a few seconds my Dad speaks in a hushed tone "But I am planning on proposing soon!"

All the air that once filled my body leaves my lungs at once.

"That's great news Dad!" I say, trying to sound happy.

I keep forgetting they're divorced. I hate it.

"Dad, I have to go, I'm kind of busy right now."

My Dad is quiet for a second, "Of course Yuan Qing, I'll talk to you later. Love you."

I hang up.

I exit my bedroom and enter the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I need to calm down.

I down the cup in a matter of seconds, not satisfied with the same feeling that lingers in my chest even after I tried to force it away.

I put a hand on my eyes for a second, resisting the urge to punch everything and anything. I hate the feeling of having a broken family.

"You okay?" A voice calls out from my couch, I remove my hand from my eyes.

Jungkook walks towards me with his hair in his morning-like face.

I cough for a second, looking away and forcing down the anger that bubbled up inside me moments ago.

"Y-yeah"

The corner of Jungkook's mouth twists into a small smile, "Really?" He asks.

"Yeah, it's nothing."

"Okay."

And that was the end of it.

————

I spent my whole day in the studio. Practicing everything, from singing and rapping to dancing.

I've gone back to my old ways. I guess that's a good thing though. Being upset makes me revert back to my original ways.

When I leave the studio Jungkook catches me by surprise. "Haeseong." He breathes out, stopping me by my arm. "Have you been here all day?" He asks, I ignore him.

"This isn't healthy, none of this is-"

"It's perfectly fine Jungkook."

"Why didn't you spend time with your parents or something?"

I stop for a second, my annoyed temperance suddenly turning into anger.

"Stay out of my business." I spit.

"No Haeseong, stop it. I'm not doing this all over again with you." Jungkook's grip on my wrist tightens. "We're not going to fight, hate eachother for weeks, then make up, then fight again."

Now my fist tightens.

"I'm sorry about last night." Jungkook says, releasing his grip on my wrist and lays another hand on my shoulder. "I really didn't mean to make you upset."